Sticky tyres + sticky tarmac = driving god

the baron

Everyone having fun in these hot conditions, the Boxster just sticks to the road it’s almost impossible to do anything silly in these sticky conditions, very rare for uk. Lovin it 

Cup2s in Spain and you quickly realise the seats are no good as you hang on to the wheel. 

3 hours ago, myfirstboxster said:

I was just thinking of a cheeky little run up the Northumberland coast .

Where abouts are you?  I am in Killingworth in Newcastle.  Always good to hear where fellow enthusiasts are ?

Had a drive home via the Strines last night, thought warm roads, warm air, warm tyres could be fun.....  nope. Stuck behind a stream of cars that were stuck behind a massive coach, he only just made it through the hairpins and bridges.... think I got the record for the slowest Strines run ever, will try again today and hope for clearer roads.

If you want a fun fast drive then for the most part any day time 9 onwards is out the question. 

I've got a cracking drive to and from work along the Kimbolton Road from Bedford, then a blast up the A1 to Peterborough. Hard fast bends, (slow 40mph roadworks section, then 70.. (ish) blast up a four lane fairly clear A1.

https://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-mydreamdrive/b660-my-dream-drive/29685

It does open up and then close to 30 in places - and you need to slow down as they do come out from side roads on near blind bends pretty often... but it is a grin a minute drive in a Boxster.

Archived