First Boxster - 2016 981 3.4 S

peterg1965

Hi all,

First joined BoXa back in 2009, I never did get a Boxster back then.

Fast forward 9 years and I pick up my first Boxster next Monday.

It’s a 16 plate Boxster S, last of the 981. Great spec including PSE, PASM, PCM, 14 way seats, Sport Design SW and more. I just love the contrast red roof with the jet black and I can’t wait to pick it up.  It’s in OPC Leeds tomorrow for its first service and 111 point check, then being detailed ready for collection.

i had a 997 C4S Cab a few years back, but the 981 is such a step up in terms of interior refinement.

8E06C2F2-425D-4A7D-BF20-82D15A86F8ED.jpeg

375A731D-485B-4222-9B93-A88A95327B5E.jpeg

AE03EFE6-C47E-423B-9B96-885E8423C257.jpeg

254709A9-8A21-4E76-94F8-996AAA6F6493.jpeg

Thanks, came close to a new M4 Convertible but convinced myself, with the help of others, that the Boxster is a much better buy and car.  I am really hoping that as a very late 981 with reasonable miles (13k) that this will hold onto its value well. Not buying from an OPC has also helped!

Wow they have some nice cars for sale.

However, I notice this one does NOT have red seatbelts.  That needs correcting!

See if you can get them to update the satnav map to the latest version, if it isn't.

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

Wow they have some nice cars for sale.

However, I notice this one does NOT have red seatbelts.  That needs correcting!

See if you can get them to update the satnav map to the latest version, if it isn't.

I bet we all trundled straight over to that website to be hit with the Lambo as the starting point on the stock list ?

4 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

No I searched for Porsche

so was hit with the 997 GT3RS...

Ah yes.  There are a few reasonable Porsche models in the stock list.  They don’t seem to mess around!

1 hour ago, peterg1965 said:

Thanks, came close to a new M4 Convertible but convinced myself, with the help of others, that the Boxster is a much better buy and car.  I am really hoping that as a very late 981 with reasonable miles (13k) that this will hold onto its value well. Not buying from an OPC has also helped!

I've driven an M4 coupe back to back with mine and I was glad to get back in the Porsche.  I loved my E92 m3 and the M4 is faster than both but it's a dogs dinner in comparison.  You made the right choice and that's a nice example.

1 hour ago, peterg1965 said:

Good choice to not get the M4. Every other car is a Beemer these days, but see how many Porsches you see (excluding the SUVs) on your average drive.

The exclusivity is very appealing. Plus I drove an M4 Comp pack and whilst it was undoubtedly fast as fook, it was a bit uninvolving to drive compared to the Porsche 

Thanks all for your comments. ?

thinking of getting a ‘half cover’ to protect the softtop, as the Boxster will be living outside, and when at work will be subject to potential seagull shyatee!

seen a couple that could fit the bill

Anyone use one?

I bought a full outside cover from storm force. It's a nice snug fit and has the ears for the wing mirrors. Very pleased with it so far. 

I read the half covers have magnets in the lower seams, to prevent it from moving, but it will move in windy weather. Reviewers reported small scratches. 

https://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk

P. S beautiful car. Enjoy! 

Nice car!

my courtesy car last time the 981 was in for service was this colour scheme (as was my 986) 

Lovely combination!!

The colour combo and the Turbo alloys really make this Boxster stand out. I was really drawn to it but had reservations about buying from non OPC. The people at Alexander’s couldn’t have been nicer and more accommodating. They wanted to service internally but I made a condition of sale that it went to an OPC for service and 111 point check, that way it will be straightforward to extend the warranty when the manufacturers runs out in May. There have some awesome cars, including a couple of 991 Targas which I have decided is the next car!

The only other Boxster that caught my eye was a Rhodium Silver/Red interior 15 plate at OPC Cardiff. Really low miles, but I couldn’t get my head round the FULL red leather interior! And it was more expensive than the black one.

Archived