Remap... Anyone had one on the 987 3.4?

toplad

51 minutes ago, mneil said:

The before and after dyno results, showed a gain of 25.651 lb ft torque and 31.357bhp on my 3.4 981S at AET motorsports. Equates to 346 bhp from the standard 315bhp. The extra bhp must make a difference somewhere, no doubt above 3.5K but it's the torque that kicks you in the ass every time!

Pound for pound, it's the best £600 I've spent!

Can you post the Dyno graph?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2018 at 9:45 PM, Mark Shead said:

Don’t think I can put prices up here. But prices are on the Cobb Uk site and pdk prices are more. It comes with a hand controller so not the same cost as just a remap. 

Mark

I must've misread the site, too many options. I'll wait till something ordinary is available.

28 minutes ago, edc said:

What is going on with your torque curve?! It's not meant to look like a roller coaster. 

Yes an anomaly of the 3.4 where it changes the cam I think. They worked hard trying to flatten that dip and did take over 6 hours. If you search on YouTube for Porsche 981 3.4 litres stage 1 remap by vudu garage you will get the video of them mapping my car.

I dont think it's an anomaly as the Boxster and indeed many others types of engine have used a variation on variocam for years. 

3 hours ago, edc said:

I dont think it's an anomaly as the Boxster and indeed many others types of engine have used a variation on variocam for years. 

This  is true, getting rid of that dip is the main reason I started this thread. 

The dip is the lack of Torque I mentioned in the beginning of this post 

Different car but here's mine from my first 986 and admittedly it doesn't have the later variocam. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Joolzb said:

I bought mine to tinker with also.

It will be going for a rolling road remap once my pocket recovers from the summer holidays. But it’s now far from stock so maybe not a good comparison, more of a future aim.

I haven’t got a brace, will add it to the list.

Have you tried a Sprint Booster, for the money I’d give it a go - really speeds up the throttle opening. No more horses but the car certainly wakes up and race mode is fun. When you turn it off the standard car feels slow and dull. I bought one cheap on here.

I bought a sprint booster for the 2.7 986 I had -no noticeable gains what so ever, don't waste your money pile of cr*p and ended up giving it away few months later to a member on here

Si

On 9/2/2018 at 6:34 PM, Mark Shead said:

It’s also having the correct software interface like cobb to allow you to do the job correctly 

Mark

great news, do you have the tech to dyno the PDK so that as a customer i could see the fruits of your labour?

3 minutes ago, T24RES said:

great news, do you have the tech to dyno the PDK so that as a customer i could see the fruits of your labour?

I use Motorworx in Marlow for a power run on the RR after I have done the mapping. 

Mark

1 hour ago, mrbikerdood said:

I bought a sprint booster for the 2.7 986 I had -no noticeable gains what so ever, don't waste your money pile of cr*p and ended up giving it away few months later to a member on here

Si

That’s madness, can there really be such a huge difference between the 987 3.4 and the 986 2.7? - the booster setting on mine are very noticeable.

I wouldn’t say ‘gains’ as in BHP but the speed of shift and power delivery certainly.

To the point that you cannot tootle around with it on the race setting or you will run up someone’s rear and when it’s off the car feels really dull.

Could my mods really be making such a difference here? Even un-mapped?!

19 hours ago, Mark Shead said:

I will check with them and go in to the software to see if there is a dyno mode on it. 

Mark

I'm not sure there is a dyno mode on the 987.2, only the 981.  If there was one, I would not have been able to get my Boxster dyno'd by Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road, when we visited a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived