981 Market Watch

djy

Hi, no got mine from Swindon OPC - it was a case of right car, right spec = travel anywhere in UK for it. They had 2 BGTS at the time, Rhodium Silver with red roof, manual, limited spec, and mine 😁  in fact, think there were only 4 showing in the entire OPC network at the time. 

both 1 owner, both same miles (12k), both same price. I wanted PDK  and it just so happened that although I was buying a “pre-loved” car, Agate with Red roof would have been the option I selected if ordering new.

the guys at Swindon were great, appreciated my business and that I was travelling from so far. Obviously it will be local for work - Used Newcastle for my MOT this year and Teesside 3 weeks ago for service. 

I’ll listen-out for you in the Tyne Tunnel 😁

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 12/11/2018 at 3:24 PM, spyderman8 said:

Waiting to see PDK Ss for less than £30k before I switch - going to be a while yet.

Bargain of the year? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-S-981-PDK-3-4-2012/283309903864?hash=item41f6960ff8:g:FnQAAOSwqRlcGm0f:rk:48:pf:0

or too good to be true....?

Yeh looks a very good price if it genuinely has got a FSH,  interior colour perhaps puts a few off (me included), and looks a fairly basic spec (but few details so difficult to tell really. Higher than average mileage, a couple of cosmetic issues but even given that looks a good price.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 718as said:

2012 981 2.7s with 50k plus miles must be trading under £20k now?

I remember seeing a 100k+ mile car, 2 years ago for around £20k, so I would think so. They are getting old now.

Not having read all the posts I'll still share my experience.

I've just bought (from OPC) a 981 S In Agate Grey being registered in April 16.

It has 7k miles with 14k worth of options bringing the original/new price to just over £61k

I bought her with 27 months warranty for £45k

Top dollar I know, but dream spec (colour, wheels, exhaust etc) so I just had to have her. 😍🚘😍

On 1/31/2019 at 5:04 AM, ATM said:

Any feedback from well used PDK cars, does the gearbox stay in one piece and when does clutch need changing, how much does that cost?

The gearboxes are very reliable with a very low failure rate, unfortunately should you get such a failure the replacement cost is eye watering ( I’ve seen anything from £8k to £18k quoted), all that’s required maintenance wise is changing of the gearbox and transmission oil every 6/12 years.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, xavster said:

981s are really expensive still!

In 2010 I bought a 2002 2.7 for about 10k.

In 2015 I bought a 2005 3.2 for 14k

In 2019 a 2012 3.4 still costs about £30k!! How long until I can afford one of these?!

I’d say no time soon given the engines. Mine has already increased by £4K on what I paid. 

Keep your eye open though as you may get a steal. 👍🏼

Archived