Heater buttons worn

box100

13 minutes ago, Mickh said:

Cough splutter £66 for 2 bits of plastic!  That's some serious Porsche tax!

But you can't buy them separately - not really porsche Tax - just "unobtainium" .Price these up against a complete new HVAC control unit and then these look viable.

Its odd because the buttons for the stereo are available, for an "ok" price.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess (and I am guessing) Porsche view them as non user-serviceable items given you have to take the HVAC apart to get to them (been there , done that)

A bit like the interior cabin temp sensor, want a new one of those, that'll be a new HVAC...

10 hours ago, Mickh said:

Cough splutter £66 for 2 bits of plastic!  That's some serious Porsche tax!

No, this is serious Porsche tax though;

https://www.design911shop.com/Replacement-switches-for-A-C-control-panel-Porsche-987-Boxster---987-Cayman---997/prod138284/?source=doofinder

:o

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

I have a set of the repair decals and instructions that i have never used if someone is interested. £15 including postage.

Are these the ones that stick exactly over the original letters so you can spray them then peel off??? 

Thanks. 

17 hours ago, Nick C said:

Are these the ones that stick exactly over the original letters so you can spray them then peel off??? 

Thanks. 

Carefully remove all the original paint first back to white plastic. Apply decal, prime, paint and remove decal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

i’m still selling decals at £16 delivered, and even with a few quid for the paint, these are still the most cost effective, rewarding and hard wearing solution.

Please PM me if you’d like a set.

Cheers, James

13 hours ago, jnwright71 said:

Hi All,

i’m still selling decals at £16 delivered, and even with a few quid for the paint, these are still the most cost effective, rewarding and hard wearing solution.

Please PM me if you’d like a set.

Cheers, James

Hi James,

I’ve tried to message you but it says you’re unable to received messages?

Thanks,

Mike.

Should anyone want them I have these clima repair switches below which I no longer need.

The front paint is not in perfect condition as you can see (the white marks) but they are perfectly serviceable otherwise.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

50285832193_ec323e1932_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived