I’ve been winged

Tin Pot

Exactly why two of the last three times someone hit me I asks them to pay cash and they did. The most recent occasion I just paid for the repair my self couldn't even be arsed chasing them for the cash.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 9:36 PM, Tin Pot said:

I’ve never had simple dealings with an insurer so expect the nightmare we always get.

And finally ‘fixed’ last week.

47 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Finally. Crikey! I would have lost my patience long ago 

Oh I did. I lost my shyate months ago.  But it’s the 5 stages of grief... 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance.

It actually still has a 5mm scratch on it too, but I just can’t face it anymore..

If nothing else at least people know that Zenith are utterly inept, do not care about customers and a complete omnishambles as a business and therfore should be avoided like Janice in Accounts when she's found sobbing in the coffee room............

Tin pot I really feel your pain. I got reversed into in a car park 5 years ago. Minor damage, didn’t bother with claim etc but to this day I still regularly get calls telling me that as I was injured( I wasn’t’) that money has been set aside etc etc. Unfortunately your now likely to spend the next god knows how many years being contacted. 

Just tell ask each of them for their name, ask which company they are from, then tell them to delete your details or you'll report them to the Information Commissioner as a breach of GDPR if you are contacted again.  You don't get repeat calls after that.

I hate to add to your woes, but I had a similar no-fault claim, all settled as other party accepted liability - Then at insurance renewal time they doubled my premium because I had been involved in an accident (best bit is, it was parked in car park, I wasn't even there). Easily solved by changing insurance companies, in fact I went to Direct Line, and premium back to previous cost, but infuriating behaviour.

Makes the whole idea of no fault and no claims a complete nonsense...  The whole insurance system is suspect as when I got my Boxster last year quotes for the same driving record and vehicle varied from under £250 to well over £2,500. How can two different companies see the same set of risks as up to a factor of 10 different?  Not logical Captain.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Makes the whole idea of no fault and no claims a complete nonsense...  The whole insurance system is suspect as when I got my Boxster last year quotes for the same driving record and vehicle varied from under £250 to well over £2,500. How can two different companies see the same set of risks as up to a factor of 10 different?  Not logical Captain.

Some companies just don't want your business as they may not be confident in assessing the risk on a prestige performance car, so they quote a ridiculous amount knowing if they get it they have the uncertain risk well covered.

Archived