What are our cars really worth ?

Arl30

I am thinking of selling  my 2008 2.7 5 speed manual in Cobalt blue , has satnav , phone prep , blue leather interior , Bose , 6 disc cd player , 18" Boxster S wheels with Bridgestone Potenza tyres all 6mm , full service history not all Porsche though , just Motd and no advisories , has a few paint chips on bonnet and one on the right wing , done 60050 miles but 7 owners , it has been well looked after with new discs and pads last year on the front all Brembo . Car runs fabulous ! no known faults .

I cant upload the pictures although I posted them when I bought it ?

What should it be worth as I think the colour is the main reason people will buy this car ?

I dont want to trade it but looking to get another X5 as old age and health is catching up with me .P3060073.thumb.JPG.2930c3b41a5381eb212c1ee0a877a39b.JPGP3060074.thumb.JPG.98459583a9b9850577f1e12072f1f05d.JPGP3060075.thumb.JPG.be49214b5a690447c1ae314650e35835.JPG

Hi thanks Robster66 so many price differences some are as low as 9k with 100k miles and up to 18k from a Porsche dealer with lower spec but 7k miles less. I am struggling to find a car to compare it with! 

I would take valuations from a number of sources - trade, autotrader, ebay even WBAC.  Selling private you cant really compare with OPC offering warranty etc.  You've got a desirable colour but being Gen 1 will hold it back.  You may even get interest on here.....

I'd say about £10k-11k if you have a ton of receipts to show its been loved by those 7 owners, and not just book stamps. Don't compare with the official Porsche sales - they are different price league and include 2 year Porsche warranty etc.

Look at WBAC price and add on maybe another couple of grand. I don't think colour makes it worth anything more, but it might make give you a faster (or slower!) sale, you've got to have a buyer who wants that colour looking at the time you are selling. 

Good luck with the sale.

2 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

You've got a desirable colour but being Gen 1 will hold it back.

As far as a 987.1 goes, this particular car is as reliable as it gets. It's a 2008 car, so will have a larger IMSB, and the 2.7 does not bore score.

Hi thanks for all the comments, we buy any car don't seem to take in any options or tyre makes etc 7k, Peter Vardy free valuation 7.5k, Porsche valuation on a trade 9.5k, etc 

The car is worth more than 7k and I know they want to make at least 4k, the Porsche valuation surprised me as I thought they would be the lowest. But after reading that they get most of their cars from trade ins or auctions it made sense. My car is every bit as good as the one they currently have for sale but mine is better specd and I know their car has a 2 year warranty but they had to source the car from somewhere so hence the reason for the question! 

I will refrain from selling it for a few more months but may just upgrade with a  Porsche   OPC for a Cayenne or Macan. 

Unfortunately our cars are slow movers due to the desirability now being on gen 2 and 981 cars , although they are brilliant people are still scared of a few horror stories about the IMS, which from what I can research was an age related problem and did not effect all cars. Or was it created by Porsche to sell more 911 s .

Like the 924 s, 944S2 and 944 turbo one day they will become a classic. 

8 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

As far as a 987.1 goes, this particular car is as reliable as it gets. It's a 2008 car, so will have a larger IMSB, and the 2.7 does not bore score.

Agree it's not the reliability that will hold it back, I've seen non S  Gen 2's around 13-14K so there's always going to be a gap. If it were me and in no rush, this time of year which will have the most demand out there, stick it on auto trader for £11995, think they do a 6 week advert, judge the interest and drop the price by £500 every 2 weeks.  That will give an idea as to what people are prepared to pay.

Anyone need a learner car? Y Reg Nissan Micra with a MOT, think about 50K miles, great little runner taught both my daughters to drive in it. Tidy but not perfect, has got some knocks as you'd expect from new drivers. I'm looking for under £500....

2 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Agree it's not the reliability that will hold it back, I've seen non S  Gen 2's around 13-14K so there's always going to be a gap. If it were me and in no rush, this time of year which will have the most demand out there, stick it on auto trader for £11995, think they do a 6 week advert, judge the interest and drop the price by £500 every 2 weeks.  That will give an idea as to what people are prepared to pay.

Anyone need a learner car? Y Reg Nissan Micra with a MOT, think about 50K miles, great little runner taught both my daughters to drive in it. Tidy but not perfect, has got some knocks as you'd expect from new drivers. I'm looking for under £500....

£75 is under £500 isn't it :ermmm:

5 minutes ago, EXY said:

£75 is under £500 isn't it :ermmm:

Think about what you just offered.  It's a Micra FFS! ;) 

4 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Everyone's got to start somewhere and you ain't going to teach your kids in a Porsche! Lol

My son is convinced that I am going to teach him in mine ! especially after seeing one of his friends out for a lesson in his Mum's BMW Z4  - told him he has more chance of shaking hands with a ghost than of driving the Porsche - its MINE!

On 4/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Clivescoobydo said:

Everyone's got to start somewhere and you ain't going to teach your kids in a Porsche! Lol

On 4/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, CAZ said:

My son is convinced that I am going to teach him in mine ! especially after seeing one of his friends out for a lesson in his Mum's BMW Z4  - told him he has more chance of shaking hands with a ghost than of driving the Porsche - its MINE!

IIRC, PaulB's daughter's first lesson was in his Boxster  The car is still on here and owned by @Skidd. :)

Archived