Sat Nav Maps Update PCM3.1

718as

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Morning all,

On my to do list is a map update, and like others I am contemplating using Lukas off eBay. One question I have before taking the plunge - can anyone that has used the £99 eBay service confirm that speed limit info is still contained/updated within the data files? 

many thanks

Andrew

I still get the speed limit display in the MFD with the new maps but I can't confirm that that the data was updated as I can't remember which roads had a higher limit before.  However the speed indicated is pretty accurate in most areas. 

This is a quite old database anyway and many limits will have changed since it was produced, particularly where 30's have been made 20's

Ordered the map update off Lukas on eBay on Sunday and the discs and USB drive arrived promptly today. Pleased to report the install went well. I did get an error message (disc write protected?) when installing the first map disc, but just ejected it and reloaded and it started the process. Takes about 2 hours with ignition on in total so recommend anyone doing it uses a battery charger at the same time. Speed limit notification seems improved over my previous 2012 maps with my local roads showing in the display where it was a bit hit and miss before.

A good upgrade and massive saving on OPC.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, Madlil said:

Ordered the map update off Lukas on eBay on Sunday and the discs and USB drive arrived promptly today. Pleased to report the install went well. I did get an error message (disc write protected?) when installing the first map disc, but just ejected it and reloaded and it started the process. Takes about 2 hours with ignition on in total so recommend anyone doing it uses a battery charger at the same time. Speed limit notification seems improved over my previous 2012 maps with my local roads showing in the display where it was a bit hit and miss before.

A good upgrade and massive saving on OPC.

just checked mine today as i have a 2012 981 and version is v3.40

10 hours ago, robporsche said:

just checked mine today as i have a 2012 981 and version is v3.40

Think that is your PCM version not maps. The PCM update is to 4.7.3 I think. Didn’t notice any new functionality but as mentioned my speed limit display is now permanently there, before it used to go missing. 

It depends on the hardware version as to what software version it can be updated to.

PCM 3.1 (Version 1) was launched in 2010 for Panamera including new features such as a new display, 3D Navigation, mapping in the Instrument Cluster, Bluetooth Audio streaming, and the Burmester Surround Sound system.

During 2010 MY, version 2 was released for Panamera including a revised iPod / Multimedia interface.

During 2012 MY, version 3 was released for all variants including improved hardware, Start Screen support, and HD Radio.

During 2013 MY, version 4 was released for all variants including new features such as Aha Radio (Online Services), Jukebox, and Email / Text.

Hardware version 3 can (currently) be updated to software version V3.43.
Hardware version 4 can be updated to software version V4.76.

As an aside:

PCM 3.0 was launched in 2009 for Sports-cars and Cayenne.

During 2011 MY, hardware version 2 was released for Sports-cars with improvements in mapping, navigation, and internal hardware.
Hardware version 2 can be updated to software version 2.25.

Archived