Accidentally bought another 987S

cambsnw8

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So have had the car in at work all week, working on it after work and also managed to give it a quick once over this afternoon. Its a really nice tidy little car. Interior is excellent and the climate buttons are the best condition out of all the cars I've had. The Pioneer is actually great. The car came with the OEM CDR24 and initially I thought I'd switch back, but the pioneer is just so useable and it doesn't look too bad, so it will be staying for now.

So far I've done:

Full service - oil / oil filter / air filter / pollen filter / gearbox oil / drive belt. (brake fluid was done last year along with all new discs and pads all round)
6 coil packs
AC condenser and re gas
IMS checked and its the internal one
RMS checked and dry as a bone
Hood strap repaired (was poking out the side of the trim when closed occasionally.)
A good in and out wash and clean

586f4d_3a5e5b6505e1463395349bb05dda8129~
586f4d_62737610251945f19d51971879901270~
586f4d_eba11e87efd7433fa7b03bb6b63846ca~
586f4d_341aaa84bf8545d6a7b331826754128e~
586f4d_b0f1861bb5864544a5b0c57ba24f3c01~

Not a bad purchase for a spur of the moment thing.

Still need to give it a proper polish and get the wheels refurbished

Looking very nice now. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Takahashi said:

lovely motor, how 'cheap' did you get it?!

Yeah, I have to say if it didn't seem rude, I would have asked that, love seeing the deals people manage to get. It gives you hope for the future!

On 5/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, detail1 said:

Looks a nice purchase Nathan, enjoy mate 👍

Thanks

On 5/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, Takahashi said:

lovely motor, how 'cheap' did you get it?!

On 5/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, moneypit said:

Yeah, I have to say if it didn't seem rude, I would have asked that, love seeing the deals people manage to get. It gives you hope for the future!

Ha not rude at all. I put in a cheeky offer of £9500 and he accepted based on me collecting it the next day. If you don't ask, you don't get and yes it might have been a dog, but luckily it's not. I was bored and frustrated in not finding a 981S so it seemed a no brainer.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, CliveH said:

Nice! Looks very tidy. Great accident :)

It is very very tidy. A lucky find for sure.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, PhilTUK said:

That's a lovely looking car 😊

Thanks

On 5/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, fat haggis said:

are you selling it 😃

Ultimately yes. I still want a 981S but cannot find the right spec so I've got a bit bored of looking now. Things don't seem to be selling quickly and I've grown tired of refreshing Autotrader / Pistonheads every day and seeing the same cars. So I'm also looking at some 987.2S now as well, trouble is they are all low spec and I will still have the same fitment issues being 6'4" But I've not had a gen2 yet so just fancy something a bit different.

Once I've had a car for a month and made it perfect I tend to get a bit bored and want to move onto the next project :)

So I'll advertise it soon and just use it till it sells. It won't be cheap though I'm afraid.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:49 PM, cambsnw8 said:

Thanks

Ha not rude at all. I put in a cheeky offer of £9500 and he accepted based on me collecting it the next day. If you don't ask, you don't get and yes it might have been a dog, but luckily it's not. I was bored and frustrated in not finding a 981S so it seemed a no brainer.

It is very very tidy. A lucky find for sure.

Thanks

Ultimately yes. I still want a 981S but cannot find the right spec so I've got a bit bored of looking now. Things don't seem to be selling quickly and I've grown tired of refreshing Autotrader / Pistonheads every day and seeing the same cars. So I'm also looking at some 987.2S now as well, trouble is they are all low spec and I will still have the same fitment issues being 6'4" But I've not had a gen2 yet so just fancy something a bit different.

Once I've had a car for a month and made it perfect I tend to get a bit bored and want to move onto the next project :)

So I'll advertise it soon and just use it till it sells. It won't be cheap though I'm afraid.

Is the 987-2 any different inside as I am 6f4 and fit easily in a -2 but looking for a -1 but not had one in yet to compare too. 

Mark

2 hours ago, Mark Shead said:

Is the 987-2 any different inside as I am 6f4 and fit easily in a -2 but looking for a -1 but not had one in yet to compare too. 

Mark

I thought the Gen1 and Gen2 were exactly the same inside. 

I fit... but I'd prefer my seat 1-2 notches further back. 

In a 981 I can get the seat so far back that it then feels like I need to come forwards a notch or 2.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, cambsnw8 said:

@cambsnw8 Always worth an advert on here ..... and if you get really stuck with it don’t forget to include proof of any PX / WBAC offer in the ad....? So I can offer a few quid more.... 😇😂

22 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

@cambsnw8 Always worth an advert on here ..... and if you get really stuck with it don’t forget to include proof of any PX / WBAC offer in the ad....? So I can offer a few quid more.... 😇😂

haha. Fair comment.

19 hours ago, cambsnw8 said:

I thought the Gen1 and Gen2 were exactly the same inside. 

Other than cosmetics, yes.

Archived