Accidentally bought another 987S

cambsnw8

One of the many cars I was watching on Ebay got resisted with a very low price, I bid... and won.

So I'm off to Wrexham to collect my 4th 987S in 2 years 😂

Black with Black leather
19" 'lobster claw'
Extended Leather
Bose
Auto Climate
Heated seats
Wind deflector
Parking sensors
Embossed seats
Cruise
Sports steering wheel
Pioneer headunit (original also supplied)
Carnwell exhaust

53k miles

Not too sure what to do with it now as I'm also viewing a 981S tomorrow that I want. Oh well. Will be a fun weekend if I end up buying two Boxster's lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Well that’s a first!

Interested to see how your 987S turns out and if you also end up with a 981S the same weekend 🤓

you mean no one else has accidentally bought a porsche 😎

Makes me even more tempted to buy the 981S tomorrow... Although I'm still playing hardball with him over the price.

What an awesome post and position to be in!

I think I found the car your talking about on ebay as there can't me many 987S with 53k miles for sale in Wrexham that ended yesterday. Funny thing is ebay is showing it as unsold. 

The pictures do look stunning and the spec is very good. Wish I had the spare cash so I could offer to take it off your hands. 

2 hours ago, Darkstar said:

I think I found the car your talking about on ebay as there can't me many 987S with 53k miles for sale in Wrexham that ended yesterday. Funny thing is ebay is showing it as unsold. 

The pictures do look stunning and the spec is very good. Wish I had the spare cash so I could offer to take it off your hands. 

When I say I bid, I contacted him and offered. Deposit paid and auction ended.

I wish it had Xenons and PASM (all my others did) but I shouldn't complain too much.

Will get it back, check the IMS, AC rads, Clutch, Brake pipes, Lower arms etc etc, replace and renew where required and work out what to do with it :)

I'm quite happy its got a pioneer actually as I always found it annoying not being able to connect my phone for music. I had one of the Connects2 FM modulators in one of them and it wasn't the best quality.

These were my others. The last one was the best.

Black / Black
19" Lobsters
PASM
Xenon
Sports seats
Sports steering wheel
Bose
Extended leather
Heated seats
Parking sensors
47k miles

Should never have sold it, but I'm a serial car swapper 😓

1st, Atlas Grey, 65k miles

5AA3FDB2-73EB-4645-99A3-002870D1E695.thumb.JPG.fcfbdcee0eac7d8a9406303731291bb8.JPG

2nd, Basalt Black, 55k miles

863292946_6044FFEA-DE91-4210-9023-C0190A6F70682.thumb.JPG.f2874e412cfe24853cac03de804007b8.JPG

3rd, Basalt Black, 47k miles

1299540443_824EA251-1277-4E09-8A09-17490A8E4BF22.thumb.JPG.c3f6ffcaafd69b310e44272ed5bc7109.JPG

9 hours ago, cambsnw8 said:

One of the many cars I was watching on Ebay got resisted with a very low price, I bid... and won.

So I'm off to Wrexham to collect my 4th 987S in 2 years 😂

Black with Black leather
19" 'lobster claw'
Extended Leather
Bose
Auto Climate
Heated seats
Wind deflector
Parking sensors
Embossed seats
Cruise
Sports steering wheel
Pioneer headunit (original also supplied)
Carnwell exhaust

53k miles

Not too sure what to do with it now as I'm also viewing a 981S tomorrow that I want. Oh well. Will be a fun weekend if I end up buying two Boxster's lol

actually turns out it doesn't have Cruise. Not too fussed.

49 minutes ago, cambsnw8 said:

No thank god. Bright Blue :)

Should have stuck with Atlas Grey! Rare in comparison to all these Black and Saphire Blue ones around these days! ;)

By the way, love your garage!

3 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Should have stuck with Atlas Grey! Rare in comparison to all these Black and Saphire Blue ones around these days! ;)

By the way, love your garage!

Looks like Cambridge Autogleam where @topradio had his 981 beautified....

Oh hang on is @cambsnw8 Autogleam? If so always admired your work - you’ve done a few friends cars likes Nicks XJ220 etc...

3 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Looks like Cambridge Autogleam where @topradio had his 981 beautified....

Oh hang on is @cambsnw8 Autogleam? If so always admired your work - you’ve done a few friends cars likes Nicks XJ220 etc...

Maybe..... 😜

En route to collect now. 

The 981 I looked at yesterday was a dog! Let’s hope I’ve been luckier with this car as a blind purchase

Good luck Nathan.

FWIW I think you were quite right to turn down the other one. I am a great believer that if a car looks like a dog, it is one and if nothing else reflects the attitude of the owner which, to me, is at least as important as the condition of the car. It sounds like its had a hard life, perhaps spent its time in a number of gravel traps on a circuit?

20 minutes ago, topradio said:

Good luck Nathan.

FWIW I think you were quite right to turn down the other one. I am a great believer that if a car looks like a dog, it is one and if nothing else reflects the attitude of the owner which, to me, is at least as important as the condition of the car. It sounds like its had a hard life, perhaps spent its time in a number of gravel traps on a circuit?

Not quite that bad. But definitely been unloved and yes make you wonder what else has been neglected. 

Just got home. 

Fun trip, car started fine for a test drive, fine for me to drive it off the guys drive, but then didn’t start after I’d sorted out the sat Nav and set my phone up lol. So then had to ask neighbours for jump leads. 

Then Em it was faultless 90% of the way home (200 odd miles) and then 9 miles from home it develops a misfire and runs really rough. 

Oh well I’ll get it sorted  

lovely clean straight car though  and I think it’s convinced me that I want my 981 to be manual  

No bone dry. 

Ran fine. Just cruised home at 70-80 all the way, came to some traffic lights at a motorway turn off, idled fine, then when I pulled away it sounded like a 718 (sorry couldn’t resist) and was juddering strongly, engine light came on. 

Was it all good after it cooled down ?

Had something similar when it got hot and then I came off a motorway to some slower roads. It turned out 5 coil packs needed replacing. Mine threw diag codes re the misfires. Started up ok and got me home after I let it cool down.

Could of course be unrelated but hopefully you’ve got some diag codes recorded which could give some clues.

Best of luck re the desnagging 

9 hours ago, Pothole said:

How do you 'check' the IMS?

There is a tiny hole on the bottom of the gearbox casing where you can put a borescope camera and see the nut on the end of the IMS. There is also a part number around the nut. If your lucky you can determine which IMS you have. 

You cant check it’s condition but if it’s the later one then it saves stripping the gearbox out

Archived