981 6 Year Servicing Costs

CMA

My car has just pinged up that I'm about due my 6 year service, oh joy, so started digging around for the old Porsche Fixed Price Servicing details before I poked the local OPC to see how much blood they wanted this time around. But I came across this new bit instead:

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/servicepricing/718boxster/ and downloading the PDF for the 981

40876884733_2565ecd21f_c.jpg981ServicingCosts 

It seems there is no longer a concept of Major and Minor services anymore. Just prices. 

So for my 6 Year I'm guessing I get new oil, new brake fluid, new drive belt and new air filters all for the handsome sum of £775.

No explanation as to why the 4 year and 8 year have differing prices despite the same tasks identified either. Anyone else come across this for their 6 year service? Any better prices negotiated from OPC?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t realise Porsche charged so much for their servicing! Big prices and not a lot done for your money.

Would you not do better getting a decent Indy to look after, unless you’ve got an extended warranty.

I always have and still do, get my car serviced ar Revolution. Well worth the drive to Brighouse from the Midlands. When the car was still under warranty, used  OEM parts, simples 😃.

To be honest it makes much more sense publishing a price for everything that is required at each service rather than the ridiculous situation of having 4 or five different costs for each little bit and having to identify what is required when.

But as you say why is 8 cheaper than 4, why is 10 cheaper than 2 etc.

of course the next step is arguing with the OPC when they give a completely different price to above.

49 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

I'm certain my drive belt was done at 4 years....

There is a check at 4 years, they wanted to charge me £75 (iirc) for this but I argued it was included based on the old fixed price servicing details and won.

2 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

Did you ever claim on the warranty and when you renewed it did they ask where its serviced?

Only had a sensor replaced on both cylinder banks and heater fan. They never asked for anything.

3 hours ago, mneil said:

I always have and still do, get my car serviced ar Revolution. Well worth the drive to Brighouse from the Midlands. When the car was still under warranty, used  OEM parts, simples 😃.

That would mean taking a day off work and a fairly long drive as opposed to the fact I drive past the OPC on the way to work so easy to drop off and collect on my commute. That balances out the cost difference. Plus I get a new porker to play in. Now if I lived/worked closer to Revolution it would be a different ballgame. 

6 hours ago, CMA said:

That would mean taking a day off work and a fairly long drive as opposed to the fact I drive past the OPC on the way to work so easy to drop off and collect on my commute. That balances out the cost difference. Plus I get a new porker to play in. Now if I lived/worked closer to Revolution it would be a different ballgame. 

You are correct of course however, I am lucky my folks live just outside Brighouse. If I give Russ enough warning, he always manages to fit me in. Top blokes, and really know their stuff😃

2 minutes ago, mightymetro said:

Just had a 6 year service and it was £970.  That included brake fluid and belt replacement. 

Thanks, thats interesting to see, it implies on their details that those 2 items are included in the £775, yet you got charged separately for them assuming you had no other work done at that time. Which OPC was that with?

Personally I think £700-£1000 isn’t awful if you consider that is for two years. i.e. £350-£500 per year

Not much difference to what the annual service costs would be for cars from much more mundane brands

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, CMA said:

I have a question - why us 4 year / 40k service more expensive than 8 / 80k, when it appears the work carried out it the same?

Same for 1 / 10k and 10 / 100k. 

Also, is the interval the same for transmission fluid for PDK and manual cars?

2 hours ago, michelin said:

Ditto

Which OPC was that?

Got mine booked in for 6 year service on Thursday. Asked for quote on email, they came back with £775 as per the fixed price servicing, including brake fluid and belt change. I asked for a discount, and it was dropped to £735. I then questioned a few items on the list sent and I asked for the 1litre oil top up and bottle of screenwash to be removed as I still have mine from last time dropping the final bill down to £710. And that includes belt and filters and brake fluid change. Still expensive but far more palatable than £970

Archived