981 6 Year Servicing Costs

CMA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely recommend Autostasse at Coggeshall, the owner is a great, honest, highly knowledgable guy and has on a number of different visits told me to not waste my money getting X done as it didnt need doing, even though it was him quoting (outside of servicing).

Nothing but praise from me, he did my front discs and pads with Porsche parts on my old 981 S and I think it was less than £500. If my memory is correct.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, jason3.2s said:

I would definitely recommend Autostasse at Coggeshall, the owner is a great, honest, highly knowledgable guy and has on a number of different visits told me to not waste my money getting X done as it didnt need doing, even though it was him quoting (outside of servicing).

Nothing but praise from me, he did my front discs and pads with Porsche parts on my old 981 S and I think it was less than £500. If my memory is correct.

great to hear thanks, i dont own a 981 yet, but use to swear by a company that looked after my S3 until i came back to the garage early to find the MOT hadnt been done and asked me to wait.  Could hear my car (didnt know it at the time) being driven hard with lots of revs around the industrial estate as they let some young lad drive it to the MOT station just on the other side.   Wasnt impressed so wont be taking anything back to them now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, BrianJ said:

Oh and BTW, the MOT flagged up two corroding rear brake pipes as advisories. Anybody else had this? - OPC said seen lots of these recently. 

Same on mine last year. I think it refers to the short hard pipe that wraps from one side of the callipers to the other. When I changed my disks and pads earlier in the year I gave them both a light rub with emery cloth and smeared some copper grease on them. Will see if it makes the tester happy next week as it is booked in for its yearly test then.

3 hours ago, Broxie said:

I mistakenly thought Hatfield was on the fixed price list, but they're not. Fixed price 6 year now £775 inc VAT, but I need air filter and belt as well and Hatfield quoted £1380 for the work ;-(

Air filters and belt are standard for 6 year service.

3 hours ago, Broxie said:

I mistakenly thought Hatfield was on the fixed price list, but they're not. Fixed price 6 year now £775 inc VAT, but I need air filter and belt as well and Hatfield quoted £1380 for the work ;-(

As @Greenman says they are included in the fixed price. I just had my 6 year service done at sheffield and it included them.

24 minutes ago, Broxie said:

Which is what Solihull told me too, but Hatfield told me they are extra which is why their quote was £1380 vs Solihulls £655!

I phoned around for tyre prices with OPC’s purely for peace of mind having centrelocks & PCCB’s

Solihul we’re near £300 cheaper than another local OPC !!!! 

Sometimes they aren’t as competitive but most the time they are & being the closest for me, the most convenient too.

Have yet to buy a car from them as I’m not one of their preferred customers so can’t buy what I want and won’t buy what they try to sell me 😂

Archived