My 2011 987 Black Edition

Jonttt

7 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

How do you get on with the OS and/or buried functions in sub menus? Those are common complaints, I think on VWs, I haven’t heard of Porsche yet. User friendly?

Its pretty good, I’ve no complaints. Its the first time I’ve had android auto that works flawlessly, wirelessly with your phone left in your pocket. By default I run Waze for “alerts” 😇 but if route planning I use the porsche nav as it makes the range estimates very accurate, Waze then runs in the background and still gives “alerts” seemlessly. There are no real hidden menus once you realise you need to use the 3 dots on the left whatever function you are using to tailor them.

The only issue I have software wise is its over eager to switch to Spotify from radio with a weak signal. 

Its also nice that maps auto update in the background and you only know when there is a quick message stating map updated.

Voice control for phone etc actually works well.

and at last adaptive cruise which actually recognises the relative speed of the car in front so does not break if they have jumped in front of you but are travelling faster etc……

Edited by Jonttt
  • Thanks 1

Boxster flew through its MOT with no advisories. I used a local National Tyres Centre (part of Halfords) using a Halfords discount code to £30. They have an incentive to find things to do on car so to get a clean bill of health with no advisories or “just to let you know” is always a bonus.

• 1 month later...

I’ve not driven the boxster much in the hot weather as the aircon has failed, ironically its been too hot to enjoy the car without it. It was booked into a service at Unit 11 and could be investigated further. The usual suspects, new condensers needed and whilst johnny is at it I’m getting the cross over pipes done (a job he hates lol)…..booked in for end of July. 

• 1 month later...

So new condensers, regas and coolant crossover pipes all done, freezing cold once again and common failure points addressed…..

OEM cross over pipes…

2l3G993.jpg

lvRttQb.jpg

YRO6fai.jpg

On 8/15/2023 at 10:34 PM, Jonttt said:

First chance I’ve had to take a pick of all 3 current Porsches in the same place…..Air, Water and Fire ………….

ciAZyF2.jpg

That's a nice looking driveway and not the block-paving.

• 5 months later...

The boxster is still in winter storage but managed to make my monthly porsche meet ....... good turn out for winter with some of the guys taking the opportunity to give other cars a run out.....I was in the appliance....

jxTMSNr.jpeg

e77kY5W.jpeg

YijlEUC.jpeg

4yl13E9.jpeg

0M151zF.jpeg

We meet the first Saturday of every month in wilmslow. Anyone with a porsche story is welcome and there are usually plenty of boxsters in summer. The march meet is at the RS track day at Oulton Park though on the 1st.

Edited by Jonttt
  • Like 1

I've also been invited to Silverstone by Porsche at the end of the month, they must be quiet lol. They asked what I wanted to drive and I said anything but an SUV so let's see. Last time I did Silverstone was in a KTM crossbow and I puked up at the side of the track so let's see if I can hold my lunch down this time ! 

1 minute ago, Jonttt said:

I've also been invited to Silverstone by Porsche at the end of the month, they must be quiet lol. They asked what I wanted to drive and I said anything but an SUV so let's see. Last time I did Silverstone was in a KTM crossbow and I puked up at the side of the track so let's see if I can hold my lunch down this time ! 

I did the Porsche Experience with @TrevTee a few years ago - after driving 718s and Caymans on the kick plate, ice hill, and the handling circuits ourselves, we were being driven by an instructor over the obstacle course in a Cayenne when over the radio came " clean up team, we've had another one" - someone was being thrown around by an instructor doing donuts, handbrake turns and spins and had thrown up all over the car, all in the air vents etc, a common occurrence. When it came to my turn to be thrown around I was surprised at how violent it was, something broke whilst we were being thrown around, a very loud metallic twang, and the instructor just looked at me and said "oops" - no wonder I had to sign a disclaimer to say I wasn't pregnant before I was thrown about. Have fun :bana: hope the weather is good for you.

• Like 1

Take a Quells travel sickness tablet in the morning and another at lunchtime. They work really well.

Hi, I am new to Porsche and very new to this forum. Sorry to dredge up older stuff, but I was directed to your post by Porschelights/BMtown because I asked for a user reference. Your write up has been very helpful .

I have had a bit of confusion regarding the reversing lights and the fog lights. It started when I first saw these units on the SW Tuning  site in Germany. They will not supply them to the UK because they said they were only for LHD cars. It turned out that their units only have the fog light on the left hand unit which does not meet the legal requirements in this country. After discussing this with Porschelights, he said that their units have the fog light on the right and the reversing light on the left. But from what I can see on your video it looks like they are both on each of the units (i.e. both sides),is that correct?

The existing O/s rear light on my Boxster has the seam crack at the bottom, so I think these are a good solution. Are you still happy with their performance and have the LED's all lasted the test of time?

20 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Yes I've been happy with the rear lights and they still work great

Thanks for that, can you also verify the reverse and fog light positions are on both sides?

2 hours ago, bigrog said:

Thanks for that, can you also verify the reverse and fog light positions are on both sides?

I've got the same lights on my "white" edition. Yes there are reverse and fog lights on both sides. I took a couple of pics with them on but lighting was obviously pants. I can also confirm no probs with the lights. they are still working well and bring it bang up to date.

IMG_5278 IMG_5279 IMG_8735 IMG_8731

Thanks @Jonttt and @Gramps that is very helpful, also I was thinkig of going for the black smoked version, but I take the very valid point that I can do that at any time in the future should I want to.

I guess that all I need now is some of the folding stuff.

Found the video i took of it working when originally fitted. You can clearly see both fog and reversing lights are on both units 😉