Exhaust back box - more howl!

Castaway

Hi Guys,

I'd like a back box for my 99 2.7 that is like the standard one but a bit louder. What I mean by that is quiet at low revs but a nice flat 6 howl above 4K RPM.

Any recommendations? I've already seen the desnorkel and Crios mods - tempted by the Crios....

Cheers

Dave

Revolution Porsche   Leeds bypass mod £250 ,De snorkel , and k& n filter , that's what I've done 👍

1 hour ago, S2sam said:

Revolution Porsche   Leeds bypass mod £250 ,De snorkel , and k& n filter , that's what I've done 👍

Hard to go past Revolution but Hayward & Scott do a similar mod depending upon where you are. 

True, Haywood & Scott Basildon 

Revolution Leeds 

So depends on where you live I suppose but great worthwhile mod whomever you choose 

Have a look at the exhausts sounds sticky thread in the exhausts and styling section. 

I ended up with a bypass that I got a local guy to fabricate, it has worked really well, I have never really heard a Carnewal but I cannot imagine it being that much different but it is a lot more aggro so I would really want to know what the advantage is.

Can’t beat the sound of a bypass mod on the 986, perfect balance between throaty and annoying 👌 I tried and failed with my 987s and ended up going with the valved exhaust which was good but I always preferred the sound on the 986 with the bypass, de snorkel and air filter 👍

I tried it on my 987.1s, it didn’t make any difference. I don’t know why, the exhaust fabricator copied the Haywood & Scott exhaust bypass. There was little if any difference, where as my 986s sounded glorious.

3 hours ago, geraintthomas said:

My backbox sound, in case you're wondering what they sound like:

That is the sexiest looking 986 I’ve ever seen!!

let alone heard...🥰

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, Castaway said:

For me its less hassle as I live in the middle of nowhere and just send it by post to Belgium. Horses for courses...

Yep makes sense to me!

Archived