Newcastle Black edition

bandit_287

2 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Any chance you have a boxster S 2012 brochure ??

10 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Any chance you have a boxster S 2012 brochure ??

Just a lucky google search that @zagamuffin .. oddly enough I sold a hardback brochure for the 981 / 981 S a while back on the forum (one I had since enquiring back in the day).

Anyway - This any good?  (Flagged by @Stuart21UK a while back).

http://www.motorologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013-Porsche-Boxster-brochure.pdf

9 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Just a lucky google search that @zagamuffin .. oddly enough I sold a hardback brochure for the 981 / 981 S a while back on the forum (one I had since enquiring back in the day).

Anyway - This any good?  (Flagged by @Stuart21UK a while back).

http://www.motorologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013-Porsche-Boxster-brochure.pdf

thats me and @topradio on our hols in 2013 :)

minus one red roof

Yes the 981 black edition is a 2.7 with a host of very nice packaged extras.  Obviously the 987 BE was the ultimate edition of the 987 but of course this role is filled by the GTS with the 981 so I guess they thought basing the BE on the 981S would have somewhat stepped on the GTS toes, hence a 2.7 based version was produced.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:24 AM, bandit_287 said:

So anybody here buy the 981 Black edition from Newcastle OPC today? I rang up this morning to enquire, called back two hours later to drop a deposit on it and they’d sold it! Gutted, it was a nice car. 

This one was fully loaded, almost every option was ticked from the factory. I’ve never seen a 981 so maxed out. Shame I missed out on it. 

20 minutes ago, 718as said:

The advert purports to be by a private seller but the opening blurb states “We are delighted to offer........” and goes on to state it has outstanding OPC warranty included.  The “We” smacks to me of a dealer and an OPC warranty can not be transferred to a dealer, only a private buyer .  Possibly a private seller is selling via a garage on a commission basis but it sets alarm bells for me.  If trying to hide a dealership involvement what else may be hidden?

@Kevin G / @718as that same car (same reg) was advertised via two adverts the other day on the auto trader ... didn’t know whether someone had ripped off the dealer ad (as the second add above has poor quality photos) maybe even visited and taken photos it in an effort to rip people off / scam some how. (Locations 9 miles apart I think).

Or as you say - for sale through a dealer / but also trying privately at the same time - just a shame their photos look poor.

The current two ads (same reg)..

EEA1-ACA9-9-E84-497-F-A71-C-77581-A02-AC

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2019 at 9:03 AM, red rocket said:

@LordGrover bought one not long ago iirc.

Sorry, missed this.

Yep, bought it in February this year. I think they were only sold in the final year, probably to shift the last of the 981 to clear the decks for the 718.

It's pretty well loaded, but mine is missing a couple of options I'd've preferred in a perfect world; PASM and heated steering wheel to name but two.

Archived