Boxster S wanted

Darren1970

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, Darren1970 said:

There’s definitely a big difference in price between the 2.7 and the 3.2s so maybe the 2.7 is the way to go?

I just want a good, honest car, to be driven around these lovely welsh roads we have here 👍🏻😊

You certainly do have some great roads in North wales - just done a 700 road trip in my 2.7 🙂

I was looking top sell this after my road trip but to be honest I enjoyed it so much and the car was fantastic that I think I will keep a little bit longer.  The 2.7 is plenty quick enough especially when your keeping over the mid rev range which you will on these roads. You will get to your driving limits quicker than the cars capabilities believe me 🙂

road trip-Sept-2019630

1 hour ago, Darren1970 said:

To be honest, the 2.7 was more than adequate for my needs, but I wouldn’t say no to a blast in a 3.2 for the hell of it!!😊👍🏻

When you know what you want, 80% of the battle is won💪🏻

@Darren1970, are you still looking?

Lee at CPS came back to me with he knows somebody thinking of selling...

"2.7 Boxster – nice car but high miles at 140k.  He has spent lots on the car with me, so its good mechanically.

It’s in meridian silver with black interior.

He wants 3.5k"

Any interest?

On 9/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, NSS said:

You certainly do have some great roads in North wales - just done a 700 road trip in my 2.7 🙂

I was looking top sell this after my road trip but to be honest I enjoyed it so much and the car was fantastic that I think I will keep a little bit longer.  The 2.7 is plenty quick enough especially when your keeping over the mid rev range which you will on these roads. You will get to your driving limits quicker than the cars capabilities believe me 🙂

road trip-Sept-2019630

That looks slammed or are you just extremely heavy?

1 hour ago, the baron said:

That looks slammed or are you just extremely heavy?

Cheeky buggers!!!!

no standard suspension just the camera angle although me and my passenger could do with shedding a few pounds!!! 🙂

1 hour ago, John K said:

@Darren1970, are you still looking?

Lee at CPS came back to me with he knows somebody thinking of selling...

"2.7 Boxster – nice car but high miles at 140k.  He has spent lots on the car with me, so its good mechanically.

It’s in meridian silver with black interior.

He wants 3.5k"

Any interest?

Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up, do you know the age of the Boxster and location?

Many thanks,

Darren 

02 reg car - nice guy that owns it.  It has done a few tours of Europe and the guy has really enjoyed owning it. Meridian Silver from memory.  He now has a 981 and it needs to go.

RO02PZU  is reg - you can look at mot data from this.

A few nice options.  Best you pm if interested and I can pass your details on.  Car is based in Bristol. 

Hi all, just signed up to this as I am now finally in a position to be able to buy a 986. I am currently looking at 2.7 & 3.2 models - I went to test drive 2.7 model today - unfortunately it came with no service history. Although the car felt good to drive I couldn’t take the risk ! Had 86000 on the clock - price dropped from 6k to 5k so although in my eyes a good price - with Service history it’s to much of a risk for me.

my budget is 6k - i would like to buy one from an enthusiast as I know it would of been looked after. Please keep a look out for me id really appreciate it, I’ve never owned a nice car before although always had a passion for them . I just want to pick the right one 😃 thanks - Pedro 

I picked up a 2000 3.2 S with 90k miles and history for £4750 last year so £5k for 2.7 and no history maybe a little steep.  If it otherwise seems to be a good car in terms of spec and condition bid him down to £4.5k and you've already got £1.5k for any surprises....  Or post the reg if you know it; someone on here maybe able to add some info.

Right, after looking at all the fantastic options and colour schemes etc I’ve finally(I think) come up with my ideal Boxster!

I want black, with black interior, facelift model, manual gearbox and either a 2.7 or 3.2. 

Must have good service history, mileage not crucial as long as documented.

Budget is 5k 

Wish me luck👍🏻👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Darren1970 said:

Right, after looking at all the fantastic options and colour schemes etc I’ve finally(I think) come up with my ideal Boxster!

I want black, with black interior, facelift model, manual gearbox and either a 2.7 or 3.2. 

Must have good service history, mileage not crucial as long as documented.

Budget is 5k 

Wish me luck👍🏻👍🏻

Good luck :)  If you find two, let me know as I'll have the other one!  I sold my 986S the weekend before last in order to buy a another one but the intended replacement turned out to not be as good as I had hoped, so I had to walk away :(

Archived