What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 12/16/2022 at 3:17 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

I got round to assembling and fitting the side scoops today. A little bit fiddly and a bit cold for the tape but I got round it👍

52567289870_05c9bee0f9_b.jpg

I think they work well with the splitter and definitely look better in body colour (or as close as I could get to it 😂)

52567120929_b72f725950_b.jpg

Overall quite a enjoyable little project, not too expensive and reversible if I change my mind.

52567372383_fc221b2db0_b.jpg

Anyone thinking about fitting these I would recommend buying them already painted, buying some proper 10mm 3m vhb tape and be very careful removing your oem vents so you don’t lose any securing tabs😎

I want to order some side scoops, Design911 have some made by a company called Nordlight at around £200.

do you mind me asking where you guys ordered yours from?

5 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Yep plus 1. Good quality and quick delivery 

Same as mine. Really nice fit. There are different methods of fitting, I used a belts and braces approach using hidden cable ties as well as tape. Mines so much more powerful with them on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

110 quid on eBay and 350 on Amazon , grp version and using same pic , grab an eBay bargain while ya can 

Yep it does pay to shop around. I was thinking of doing this for a couple of years but was put off by price and the actual fitting of them. I wanted to make sure they never got ripped off. But then found the ones for just over £100 on ebay so went for them. You won’t find better IMHO

• Thanks 1

I was surprised by the quality and the shape. The finish is that good you could literally just fit them, you normally get rough edges and poor finish on this type of thing. I would trust the tape that is supplied but that is easily solved 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

Could cry 😭 stranded at the traffic lights ball joint went when turning right! Only took it out of lay up as it was dry and this happens 😭

That's tough,  it was gonna break anyway though.  Now it will be fixed, and all peachy for the summer so you wont miss a nice day.   😀

• Like 1

I think they are keen to send the broken part in for analysis. I've found it's happened on a Cayman too in the US and, I could also see our very own @ATM had his replaced after a failed MOT. Mine passed last month, literally 50 miles on it since.

11 hours ago, daz05 said:

I think they are keen to send the broken part in for analysis. I've found it's happened on a Cayman too in the US and, I could also see our very own @ATM had his replaced after a failed MOT. Mine passed last month, literally 50 miles on it since.

What now?

My coffin arm ball joints both failed MOT on the passenger side when car was only 4 or 5 years old maybe.  Due to excessive play.  But the car still drove fine.  I wasnt aware.  I put mine down to excessive speed going over speed humps.  With the standard passive damper ride height it is easy to attack speed humps.  I usually aimed at them with Me on the flat surface and the passenger side going over the hump.  So on the wrong side of the road close to the pavement.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, daz05 said:

How are you getting on with this somewhat unwanted project?

It's in with the garage, I'm struggling for time at the moment and motivation if I'm honest I just want it fixed. The arm was replaced and wheel alignment early next week.

Luckily the pasm error disappeared when they fired it up had assumed level sensor was toast but it has survived. Some damage to the plastic arch lining so will need to replace it.

4 hours ago, daz05 said:

It's in with the garage, I'm struggling for time at the moment and motivation if I'm honest I just want it fixed. The arm was replaced and wheel alignment early next week.

Luckily the pasm error disappeared when they fired it up had assumed level sensor was toast but it has survived. Some damage to the plastic arch lining so will need to replace it.

Mine has a level sensor on the front but no PASM so presume it's for the headlights. 

Is Porsche fixing it or someone else?

I managed to find TRW arms for front.  Before I understood they're 987 arms front and 986 arms rear. So I bought 2 before I realised the rear wouldn't fit. The TRW arms seem to be well liked and no longer available in 9x6 fit.

No with an indy, just the control arm with the balljoint is being replaced, I noticed you could get the Spyderperformance arms for half the price but went for the Porsche one out of fear.

I think mine has at least 4 sensors here is the blurb I found online concerning Pasm;

"there are four additional angle sensors on the front and rear axle and another front left body acceleration sensor for even more precise control. The damping force for each wheel is individually regulated"