What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Two questions please:

1). BGTS is going for 8 year service in a couple of weeks at my local OPC. Is it worth asking for maps upgrade and how much would be reasonable? 

2). Speed limit display seems out of date on some roads. Is this automatically updated ( for example when maps are) or is it something I could arrange?

Any thoughts appreciated! 

Made a template ready for de-badging should I decide to go ahead with it.

Did it with masking tape and then covered with a couple of layers of ducktape for strength rather than find out it’s fallen apart in a few years if I decided to re-badge.

9-C4-EC622-DB4-A-49-CC-B1-E3-D110-E74-A6

3 hours ago, ATM said:

What's the go to when upgrading the exhaust on these?

Mine has PSE with the valves - one stuck.

Don't necessarily want super loud. But stainless would be nice because mine is rotten.

Thanks 

Topgear for 3 of us so far

Edited by Stuart21UK

20 hours ago, Graham BGTS said:

Two questions please:

1). BGTS is going for 8 year service in a couple of weeks at my local OPC. Is it worth asking for maps upgrade and how much would be reasonable? 

2). Speed limit display seems out of date on some roads. Is this automatically updated ( for example when maps are) or is it something I could arrange?

Any thoughts appreciated! 

Updated my maps myself via satnavishop (a few threads on here about this) for about £130 - pretty straightforward and support was good.  
Worth upgrading the hard drive to ssd at the same time if this hasn’t already been done as failure seems quite common as they age and is an expensive fix if not warrantied.  Navigation is noticeably more responsive afterwards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carmand said:

Updated my maps myself via satnavishop (a few threads on here about this) for about £130 - pretty straightforward and support was good.  
Worth upgrading the hard drive to ssd at the same time if this hasn’t already been done as failure seems quite common as they age and is an expensive fix if not warrantied.  Navigation is noticeably more responsive afterwards.

I've done the SSD upgrade/replacement on mine, not too difficult with a disk cloning machine.
I'd be happy to help anyone thinking of doing this (at your own risk of course 🤨🤗 ).

re-attached the door card top, only to discover when putting everything back together that the actual plastic has also warped slightly.

Happy with the results, but when I remove to try and activate the door lights, I'll hit it with the heat gun too.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:54 PM, ATM said:

What's the go to when upgrading the exhaust on these?

Mine has PSE with the valves - one stuck.

Don't necessarily want super loud. But stainless would be nice because mine is rotten.

Thanks 

I'd say the Topgear is slightly louder than the PSE in normal mode unless you are giving it the beans over 3500.

Start up did make me jump the first couple of times as that is definitely more a sporty growl.

Although it hasn't had a chance to carbon up yet, and I'm sure it would be quieter if I removed my Cobb tune as that also made the PSE in standard mode more noticeable too.

Just noticed Stuarts videos (work doesn't allow pictures usually), Think I need to find a dry evening and move my tips further out as they are about flush with the defuser at the moment.

I went to visit some rels over the weekend in Southport.

The roads are so horrible, I said to my wife if we lived there (my birthplace and where I lived for 50 years) I couln't have a Cayman. apart from the patheric speed limits the roads are litteres with potholes, craters and bumps.

1 hour ago, andy_l said:

Toyed with selling up. Are we allowed to post "what's it worth?" threads?

Recently had mine for sale. Lovely example. PSE, x73 both retro fitted in the last three yrs. Full service history. Apple CarPlay and lots of other tasteful stuff like GTS rear lights, Ducktail spoiler with all the original parts to go with the car. Low ish miles 32k. Only had one serious chat over the phone but the guy wasn’t keen on the x73 as he thought it might make it a bit hard ride wise and two offers of 25k 🤔😳 That’s on a MY13 

So it’s a really tough market with sharks ready to pounce on people with a need to sell. I wasn’t bothered but it looks like it’s saying for the foreseeable. 

H

40 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Recently had mine for sale. Lovely example. PSE, x73 both retro fitted in the last three yrs. Full service history. Apple CarPlay and lots of other tasteful stuff like GTS rear lights, Ducktail spoiler with all the original parts to go with the car. Low ish miles 32k. Only had one serious chat over the phone but the guy wasn’t keen on the x73 as he thought it might make it a bit hard ride wise and two offers of 25k 🤔😳 That’s on a MY13 

Had an offer a couple of weeks ago of £30k from Ashgood,  63 plate  28K,  S, with lots of toys.  But still like it too much to sell for £3K less than i paid,2 years ago Ha! Ha!

1 minute ago, alank said:

H

Had an offer a couple of weeks ago of £30k from Ashgood,  63 plate  28K,  S, with lots of toys.  But still like it too much to sell for £3K less than i paid,2 years ago Ha! Ha!

That was a good offer. Dealers still wanting serious money but some not prepared to offer good money as px.  Cardiff OPC has just advertised a base like mine with 23k miles and not much as extras for  34k 😳

18 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

What’s the difference between Weiss gold and other silvers? Lighter?

The difference is it’s gold and not silver 😂

it’s a very light gold, tbf the pics have washed out the gold but it very definitely looks gold and not silver in the flesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1