Cheap new key

mortzz

Hi all as some of you may have read Porsche main dealership wanted  over £300 for replacement key.. so I got a local guy who specializes in keys and he comes to you ,, so price £50 .. ok it's not remote but as a spare key you would be mad not to have one.. and the remote one is £250...  well chuffed...  he also breaks into cars if you've locked them in the car ,  so he said I've never broke into a porsche.. how long did it take him.. around 20 seconds..  lol

2 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

I would assume its just a key to allow you to unlock the vehicle manually but without any embedded coding to start the vehicle?

No pal coded starts the car ,  watched him do it, the expensive kit is the portable key cutter not the coding took him around 30 minutes 

12 hours ago, mortzz said:

No pal coded starts the car ,  watched him do it, the expensive kit is the portable key cutter not the coding took him around 30 minutes 

Where is he based?

2 minutes ago, mortzz said:

Cumbria, hes actually a friend I've known for years and a Ford master mechanic based in Barrow in furness, will get the link , was thinking if ya got enough people you could do a group meeting as hes car based 

Stupid question - please don't shoot me, but would he need the car to be present for this or just the key? Reason I'm asking is if I'm ever down south, may try arranging something - unless someone knows someone for a similar job up north?

11 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

Stupid question - please don't shoot me, but would he need the car to be present for this or just the key? Reason I'm asking is if I'm ever down south, may try arranging something - unless someone knows someone for a similar job up north?

Not a stupid question , as I saw it all cars are different , so he did have to put the key in my ignition twice but will check 

30 minutes ago, topradio said:

So, with this key do you have to get it in the ignition double quick before the alarm goes off? 

Lol..  perfect 100% key ,,  did you read all of the above....  £250 full remote key,,,,,   £50 non remotely so you have to put it in the door and manually open ..    depends on weather you consider pushing the button on the remote worth £200 .. simples..  I've put the link up ask the guy

39 minutes ago, mortzz said:

Lol..  perfect 100% key ,,  did you read all of the above....  £250 full remote key,,,,,   £50 non remotely so you have to put it in the door and manually open ..    depends on weather you consider pushing the button on the remote worth £200 .. simples..  I've put the link up ask the guy

Yes I did read the above. It's just that normally, when you unlock the door by turning it in the lock you get about 10 seconds to turn the ignition on before the alarm goes off. 

1 hour ago, topradio said:

Yes I did read the above. It's just that normally, when you unlock the door by turning it in the lock you get about 10 seconds to turn the ignition on before the alarm goes off. 

5 if you're unlucky, in the case of mine. It's a complete ball ache and rather embarrassing out in public...! 

Archived