Happy new car day to me!

Ninesomething

55 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Not really a roof down day for the trip back. Or maybe I'm just being a wuss.

I've just looked at UK weather - apart from highlands, no rain.  You're a wuss!

Roof down, side windows up, blower on in the footwell.  If it has heated seats, use them, they are brilliant (press button twice to get lower level of heat).  If it hasn't, add them to your list of upgrades!

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

I've just looked at UK weather - apart from highlands, no rain.  You're a wuss!

Blimey, I'm not sure what that makes me then. I've had the car a couple of months, and the only time I've lowered the roof is to clear out the drain tubes :lol:

37 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

youre-fired-alan-sugar-600x300.jpg

But........... I've only just got here.......... and I've got two well-earned stars, in recognition of my high quality content and contributions............  :cry:

I'm off skiing tomorrow, but when I get back home I hereby promise to lower my top in all conditions.  Unless it's raining, obviously.  Or cold, that goes without saying.  Or if it's overcast and looks like it might rain, that just makes good sense.  And frost is a no-no, of course.  And so is snow or sleet.  But apart from that, I'll have the bad boy lowered at every opportunity, yes Sir! :thumbsup_anim:

:lol:

54 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Blimey, I'm not sure what that makes me then. I've had the car a couple of months, and the only time I've lowered the roof is to clear out the drain tubes :lol:

Go easy on Davey - I've had mine since mid-summer and I've not driving it without the roof once in that time. 🥺

(But then it is a Cayman .... ) 

1 hour ago, EVO Chris said:

mines not been up since September.....its in the garage lol.

Mines not been up since May , I wondered what that water ingress was all about !!!!!   :lol:

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

But........... I've only just got here.......... and I've got two well-earned stars, in recognition of my high quality content and contributions............  :cry:

I'm off skiing tomorrow, but

In your efforts to ingratiate yourself you've just made a MAJOR slip of the keyboard!

Where are you going you lucky sod?

And back on topic - where's that JonSta?  Diverted to A&E with hypothermia?

4 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

In your efforts to ingratiate yourself you've just made a MAJOR slip of the keyboard!

Where are you going you lucky sod?

Sorry mate, but I just couldn't resist it... :lol:   We're staying in Peisey Vallandry,  which is part of the Les Arcs and Paradiski area - Woohoo!  (I'll shut up about it now, ha ha!)

That is a pretty poor show @Davey P - cold is no excuse. You cannot beat a nightime drive in the cold with the bum heaters on full and the roof down.

You need to flog yourself with 40 lashes and repent otherwise you will not be allowed to Simply Porsche this year! :)

4 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

That is a pretty poor show @Davey P - cold is no excuse. You cannot beat a nightime drive in the cold with the bum heaters on full and the roof down.

You need to flog yourself with 40 lashes and repent otherwise you will not be allowed to Simply Porsche this year! :)

I consider myself reprimanded mate, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again :lol:  Unfortunately, no bum heaters fitted on mine, must be a poverty spec model....... :whistle1:

14 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I consider myself reprimanded mate, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again :lol:  Unfortunately, no bum heaters fitted on mine, must be a poverty spec model....... :whistle1:

Just get them retrofitted - in for a penny...... 😛

Congratulations whatever you’ve got.   I love the train trip to see a car and maybe buy it.  The “maybe it’s cr*p and I’ll have to book a train home “ is always in my mind.   Been lucky so far.  Or stupid as I’ve always bought.  

7 hours ago, JonSta said:

Sitting on the train on my way to pick up my new 987. Not really a roof down day for the trip back. Or maybe I'm just being a wuss.

well, where's the photos, what did you get mate?

05 2.7, 80k, blue, fsh, heated seats, lobster claws. Looks and drives like a new car, dribble.... How is it possible to get that much car for so little money? Feel a bit guilty.

Has to be said it's possibly not the world's greatest m-way cruiser but like you that's not why I bought it. Interestingly I drove a 3.2 the other day which seemed a bit gutless at low revs whereas this one just wants to play right from low down. Gearing I suppose. Also I suspect the 3.2 had issues which is why I didn't buy it. 

Other thoughts - surprisingly economical trundling along the motorway. That's good. The ride seems a little sharp - I expected a little more suffistikayshun. Note to self check tyre pressures.

Do some pics later. I'm just going to stand and look at it for a while now.

5 speed or 6 speed gearbox?

Sharp ride: 19in wheels are harsher than 18in, and tyres are more expensive, but "they look cool".  Different brands of tyre can certainly make a difference, tell us what make/model you have (eg Michelin Pilot Sport 2 / 3 / 4, Pirelli PZero...). Yes tyre pressures, and also get the tracking checked, sometimes it can be way out.

Consider if you want to start a Running Report thread to track your progress with it.

Archived