I get it now....

Ninesomething

Went for a bit of a zap down some twisty roads today. I can honestly say I've never driven a car that holds a line quite so accurately. I suppose this is why they went to all that trouble of sticking the engine in the middle there. Shame it makes some maintenance jobs a bit tricky but you never get everything. Not at these prices anyway.

16 hours ago, thanatoid said:

There are quicker, far more powerful cars, straight line ability huge, but the satisfaction of a perky light superbly balanced car knocks all that power stuff away easily.

+1

I have had mine for nearly 5 years now and still get an absolute buzz out of taking them out. Can't decide if people using them as their daily driver have it better because they get this every day or if it wears off at all and becomes something you "just" commute in?!

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, steve_gus1 said:

I have a 2014 GT86 and a 2005 987.1 2.7L.  To me the GT86 doesnt feel as "airborne" as much on a bumpy road as the 987 does. But the Porsche has a far more responsive engine that doesnt need to be over 5k to make power. And makes a much better noise.

Looks like you need to change your 'My Ride' then ! 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, Londonl said:

Can't decide if people using them as their daily driver have it better because they get this every day or if it wears off at all and becomes something you "just" commute in?!

I can confirm, the novelty doesn't wear off, no matter how often you drive them :lol:

I'm self employed and  work from home, so I don't use mine to commute as such (unless you count one trip to Stansted Airport for my work visits to Austria once a month).  However, it is my only car, so is not a garage queen or weekend toy.

Boxster hadn't moved for a week, decided to take it to the gym... What a blast and the drive home was brilliant......... Might go to the gym tommorow 😜

On 2/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, Londonl said:

. Can't decide if people using them as their daily driver have it better because they get this every day or if it wears off at all and becomes something you "just" commute in?!

Mine's a DD. As was my 986S and a Z3 2.8 before that. I can confirm that the novelty doesn't wear off - in fact, it endures. If I travel home from Belfast, its a 50 mile commute on motorway and dual carriageways, but there is an alternative set of roads that go cross country and take a back road home. Pull off the motorway, drop the roof (I don't really like motorway driving roofless), engage sport mode and off you go. The overtaking ability of these rockets are simply breathtaking. Means a huge grin when I pull into the driveway.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 7:57 PM, Pinewood said:

Boxster hadn't moved for a week, decided to take it to the gym... What a blast and the drive home was brilliant......... Might go to the gym tommorow 😜

Did you put it on the treadmill or on the weights ?  :D .

3 hours ago, Truth said:

Did you put it on the treadmill or on the weights ?  :D .

She's no lightweight, proper heavyweight with 3.4L Dfi engine 😜

Archived