That didn’t end well for Charlie

Danncus

Not sure what photo 5 is 😳

Loads of people including myself take cars on track and major failures are surprisingly rare (although most people accept that there is a risk even with a brand new car). Provided the car has been well maintained I don't see the issue. I think he was just unlucky and he has my sympathy

Edit: I'd also much rather take a 5-6k 986 on track than I would a brand new 40-50k BMW M4 (for example) with a warranty that would definitely not pay out if it had an issue on track

37 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Loads of people including myself take cars on track and major failures are surprisingly rare (although most people accept that there is a risk even with a brand new car). Provided the car has been well maintained I don't see the issue. I think he was just unlucky and he has my sympathy

Edit: I'd also much rather take a 5-6k 986 on track than I would a brand new 40-50k BMW M4 (for example) with a warranty that would definitely not pay out if it had an issue on track

Yes you're absolutely right. In his case though he'd owned the car about 1 week before he decided to track it. He had no idea about the state of it mechanically and seemed determined to break it in the video he uploaded. Well that's my take on it anyway.

But it was his car so he can do what he likes with it.

4 minutes ago, jonogt6 said:

Yes you're absolutely right. In his case though he'd owned the car about 1 week before he decided to track it. He had no idea about the state of it mechanically and seemed determined to break it in the video he uploaded. Well that's my take on it anyway.

But it was his car so he can do what he likes with it.

Fair point :) it was definitely a ballsy move. I like to give mine a few months to settle in and show their true colors before they see a track. I also like to ensure that the maintenance is up to date even if that means changing fluids which I know have been done quite recently

19 hours ago, kevs said:

Poor bloke, I really enjoyed his videos with his brother in law sourcing and fitting a replacement engine.

Agree with you.A heck of a lot of work for no reward.Anyway don’t we recommend giving it the beans now and again. I would have been inclined to give it a service at least tho but who knows?It could happen to anyone.I hope it hasn’t completely put him off owning a boxster.

2 hours ago, jonogt6 said:

Yep that's the bit I was thinking of.😳

Now that screenshot has been posted I realise who you're on about, and that I remember seeing that video and thinking exactly the same!

Archived