What's the cheapest and easiest way to get bluetooth

bally4563

A topic that has been discussed many times . But I need it in lay mans jargon!!

Standard radio fitment in a 987.1,I want to stream music via my I phone, what is the cheapest and simplest way , not interested about making calls just for music.

Just a plug in one does the job as @Gutley says. I have one that uses a 3.5mm jack to the phone that was working fine until work upgraded my iphone and it no longer connects 😫

you are welcome to it if I can find it - PM me your address

17 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Just a plug in one does the job as @Gutley says. I have one that uses a 3.5mm jack to the phone that was working fine until work upgraded my iphone and it no longer connects 😫

One of these will fix that

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

Or this if you need power pass through 

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Headphone-Adapter-Splitter-Lightning/dp/B082F7LKS6/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=headphone+apple+adapter&qid=1585999594&sr=8-6

On 4/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, bally4563 said:

Thanks got one of those head phone jacks @Mattman42 take you up that thanks pm sent

Mick

Thanks @Mattman42 received and working, took me a little while to find out it works on the FM channel 👍👍

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, spicer92 said:

I wrote this over on BoXa the other month. Pretty easy and dirt cheap. Mine is working great!

This should be transferred to the How to forum. It'll be lost on the 987 forum. @Araf

It depends on the sockets on the back of your radio. If they're the same as above, then you'll be good to go. 

The fuse-box may have different positions for the switched live though, so you might need to play around with plugging it into different fuses.

FYI a few months on and it still works great. If my bluetooth on my phone is on, it automatically pairs within seconds of the car starting up.

You need to turn the volume up a bit more than you do with the radio, but this seems pretty common- the factory fitted aux port on our Polo does the same

Archived