572 Manual air-conditioning system
  584 Storage box on engine cover
  610 DVD navigation, "Europe package"
  659 on-board computer
  661 Stricter emission-control concept
  665 -2008 PCM 2, 2009- PCM 3 basic module incl. radio
  946 Seat covers, front, leather/leather/leatherette

Well happy birthday to your car pretty much when you bought it? 28/4/2006

You can post your pic links in here to keep them tidy.

Heated seats is good, not sure why it is listing PCM3 for a MY06 car?  If it does have navigation - post us a pic of the dash taken from behind/between the seats, then we can spot extras - you can get newer discs relatively cheap.

circa 400 quid to add cruise control, and various third party solutions for reverse beepers if you wish (it's a weird shape to judge in tight spots).

58 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Wow, that happened quickly. Congratulations and good timing with the weather. How long to @phazed starts taking it apart? 

Ha ha! I am going to put it on the ramp this morning and just give it a check over. Definitely won’t be pulling anything apart, not yet!

10 minutes ago, phazed said:

Ha ha! I am going to put it on the ramp this morning and just give it a check over. Definitely won’t be pulling anything apart, not yet!

Reckon it's as much your toy as your daughter's! :laugh:

I drove it briefly yesterday, (essential shopping) and was extremely surprised at how fast it was for a 2.7 compared to my 3.4. Obviously it lacks low end torque but when the revs rise, it really has got good performance. 

It also feels as tight as a drum, no squeaks or rattles. I'm sure it will be a good reliable car.  

I will ask Katherine to take some photographs this morning and show her how to load them. 

1 hour ago, phazed said:

was extremely surprised at how fast it was for a 2.7 compared to my 3.4. Obviously it lacks low end torque but when the revs rise, it really has got good performance. 

Never driven one but it's what I picked up on in comments here over the years. They are not noticeably slower, and given a Boxster prefers bends to straights, one wonders if there's much in it around a track.

1 hour ago, phazed said:

I drove it briefly yesterday, (essential shopping) and was extremely surprised at how fast it was for a 2.7 compared to my 3.4. Obviously it lacks low end torque but when the revs rise, it really has got good performance. 

It also feels as tight as a drum, no squeaks or rattles. I'm sure it will be a good reliable car.  

I will ask Katherine to take some photographs this morning and show her how to load them. 

As another new owner I'm still getting used to mine but I found an empty bit of back road on the way back from the one weekly shop yesterday and once the tacho gets past 5K or so in 2nd the 2.7 really flies. To the point I quietly muttered 'Jesus...' to myself, it being a narrow curvy road. I'm sure an S is even more of a blast of course, but the 2.7 is no slouch. And even though the fun is up the top end it's not as all-or-nothing as the S2000 I was also interested in. It definitely pootles about and pulls better at lower revs than one of those.

Anyway congratulations Katherine - you're gonna love it :)   

Probably not keeping it up in the rev range.

I have done scores of track days with my TVRs and found that the additional punch of 450 foot pound of torque is mainly useful When exiting bends.

1 hour ago, phazed said:

Probably not keeping it up in the rev range.

I have done scores of track days with my TVRs and found that the additional punch of 450 foot pound of torque is mainly useful When exiting bends.

Wasn't it one of the prominent engine builders who said;

"Power sells engines,,,Torque wins races"

Still a flat 6 Boxer (of any displacement) under load above 4k does have a certain melodious quality :whistle:

Good luck with your new car OP,,,Health to enjoy :)

3 hours ago, phazed said:

I was pleased with the performance of my 2.7 plus your 3.4 is carrying lots of extras and that means weight. Glad she likes it. 

My car has been de-badged at the back and I quite like the look of the original Boxster badge, any suggestions where I can get one from and how much? 

My dad wants to go back to the original Boxster S badge too - same question! 

12 minutes ago, Katherine said:

My car has been de-badged at the back and I quite like the look of the original Boxster badge, any suggestions where I can get one from and how much? 

My dad wants to go back to the original Boxster S badge too - same question! 

As well as OPCs Design911 and Rose Passion carry OEM badges. They ain't cheap - £50-ish for a non-S one in titanium.

53 minutes ago, Katherine said:

Some pictures for everyone, it’s beautiful

Certainly is! Like the Blue on Blue combination. Have you figured out what the official colour is yet?

Archived