Katherine's Boxster

Katherine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rowbos said:

Very nice 😎

Check your nearest OPC - Porsche dealer - for badges, membership of PCGB will give you a discount on these kind of parts. 

Depending which OPC you may well get the discount if you ask nicely anyway I've found and it you go in often sometimes more than the PCGB discount.....

9 minutes ago, the baron said:

Im sure @CAZ will be along shortly to give you a great welcome women to women, in the mean time a big hello and welcome from me

I posted in Katherine's other thread - but here it is in this one.

The boys sometimes need keeping in order Katherine but are a friendly bunch - there is no willy waggling or looking down noses if you drive a £5k or £10k car instead of a £50 k or £100 k one like there can be in the PCGB Clubs, who from personal experience can be unwelcoming and a boys only club.  Being on here is a bit like having a load of annoying older brothers and cousins - but they will look out for you and look after you.Be prepared for a bit of aggressive driving from boy racers who might try and challenge you, as some really don’t like the fact that a young woman is driving a Porsche - luckily it’s rare, but just be aware when night driving, as you are more likely to have idiots challenge  you then. Hope to see you at a few meets.

34 minutes ago, Katherine said:

Thank you! Unsure of the official colour yet, that’s definitely something to look in to- any ideas?

There's a label on the driver's side door jamb which shows the colour name (possibly in German) and the tyre pressures. 

Thank you all so much, I will be looking in to the colour shortly- thanks for the advice! 

@CAZ it’s great to speak with you and I will definitely be at meets in the future- I cannot wait! Thank you for the heads up and it’s great to meet another woman here; everyone has been so friendly and helpful so far! 

Hi Katherine .

Yes that's correct you can get a discount if you belong to PCGB and I am the Boxster Register Secretary.

Tracy. 

Looks like Midnight blue or could be Lapis blue.

Only other blue that year is Cobalt blue and it way to dark.

Tracy 

9 minutes ago, mid-life said:

Lovey car, i had an 07 in same colour, it is Midnight Blue.  Really comes alive in bright sunlight - slight purple hue to it.

That sounds about right. It really does look nice in the sunlight.

Katherine has the full history and all the documents that go with the car. If I remember correctly there is the original bill of sale so the colour is probably on that as well to confirm.

5 minutes ago, rowbos said:

For parts like this they often are, surprisingly. 

As explained to me by an independent, its because 3rd parties have very little scope for profit on Porsche parts without costing more than from an OPC directly. So its not worth it.

5 hours ago, Katherine said:

My car has been de-badged at the back and I quite like the look of the original Boxster badge, any suggestions where I can get one from and how much? 

My dad wants to go back to the original Boxster S badge too - same question! 

I fitted a CHROME BOXSTER badge to Mr Box. 

I bought mine from ebay but it was a long time ago, £34 IIRC. 

No doubt there is a post on here somewhere but the search function can be hit-or-miss. 

12 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Either a very old listing or non Genuine parts, Genuine Porsche is £130+ vat

1 hour ago, T911UK said:

Either a very old listing or non Genuine parts, Genuine Porsche is £130+ vat

I will look into that. I have a friend who works in the parts department a Porsche. I will check with him when he is back at work, furloughed at the moment! 

The part of her car that she has never seen before.  When this C 19 situation is over I look forward to showing her how everything works underneath. Till then she will just have to drive it. 

GTNQ752D.jpg|https://thumbsnap.com/GTNQ752D

1 hour ago, phazed said:

I will look into that. I have a friend who works in the parts department a Porsche. I will check with him when he is back at work, furloughed at the moment! 

Sorry, I looked at 986, the 987 chrome version is only £52.88 + vat from OPC

41 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I recall there are two silver badges, one chrome, one titanium. One is about 4x the price of the other. 

Yes. The chrome one is for the 550 Anni. I don’t think it was ever standard on any other 986

Its typical Porsche, crazy and makes no sense

"Boxster" in Chrome for the 986, as fitted to the 550 anniversary model £101.88  requires "S" in chrome £27.43 so total is £129.31

"Boxster S" in Chrome for the 987, as fitted to the RS60 £52.88 and looks identical to the option above!

"Boxster S" in Satin Aluminum for the 987 £52.88

"Boxster" in Titanium for the 986 £26.41

"S" in Titanium for the 986 £20.29

Go figure!

14 minutes ago, T911UK said:

Its typical Porsche, crazy and makes no sense

"Boxster" in Chrome for the 986, as fitted to the 550 anniversary model £101.88  requires "S" in chrome £27.43 so total is £129.31

"Boxster S" in Chrome for the 987, as fitted to the RS60 £52.88 and looks identical to the option above!

"Boxster S" in Satin Aluminum for the 987 £52.88

"Boxster" in Titanium for the 986 £26.41

"S" in Titanium for the 986 £20.29

Go figure!

What about my black one?!

(I think it's 50-ish like most of them...)

Archived