Front end respray cost

dpg123

Hello!

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of a front end respray for a 986 (bonnet, front bumper and blended into wings)? Purely to sort road rash, no dents, scratched or other issues. I asked a couple of workshops but they asked me to bring the car in for an estimate (can't at the moment).

I'm based in London but could travel an hour or so out if anyone has a recommended paint shop?

For front bumper moulding only I've been quoted about £250 in the East Midlands so on the basis of 'whilst its in there' around £600ish would be fair.  Also about £1.8-2k for a full outside respray including a couple of minor metal repairs.

I’ve been quoted £240 for the rear panel between the boot and the hood - and then £140 for the side of the wheel arch blended into the bumper ( bonnet and bumper have previously had a respray but not in my ownership ) 

My bodyshop charges £180/panel or bumper including VAT, the bonnet is £220 though as it's so big.  They did an excellent job when I had the 986 done, colour match was perfect.

I'd ask on a larger forum like Pistonheads for recommendations nearer you, these shops are always in the most inconvenient places so not great when you have to also rely on public transport.

Decent places generally around £200 - £250 per panel.

With paintwork, you generally get what you pay for, always worth checking out the paint shop portfolio of work / speaking to other satisfied customers before committing.

When I had my front end painted, I did a lot of research & a place about 30 miles from home (Bristol) came highly recommended - a trusted trader status with excellent reviews on a lot of car forums including the Ferrari owners club. The chap regularly paints high end cars & his portfolio included Ferrari, Lamborghini & Porsche. 

The work he’s done on my car is flawless & I’m proper fussy!! Slightly more cost wise but happy to pay the extra for a job well done. 

1 minute ago, Boxstercol said:

Decent places generally around £200 - £250 per panel.

With paintwork, you generally get what you pay for, always worth checking out the paint shop portfolio of work / speaking to other satisfied customers before committing.

When I had my front end painted, I did a lot of research & a place about 30 miles from home (Bristol) came highly recommended - a trusted trader status with excellent reviews on a lot of car forums including the Ferrari owners club. The chap regularly paints high end cars & his portfolio included Ferrari, Lamborghini & Porsche. 

The work he’s done on my car is flawless & I’m proper fussy!! Slightly more cost wise but happy to pay the extra for a job well done. 

I am in Yeovil, was that 30 miles away in my direction? 😉

On 5/13/2020 at 8:16 AM, RickLS7 said:

My bodyshop charges £180/panel or bumper including VAT, the bonnet is £220 though as it's so big.  They did an excellent job when I had the 986 done, colour match was perfect.

I'd ask on a larger forum like Pistonheads for recommendations nearer you, these shops are always in the most inconvenient places so not great when you have to also rely on public transport.

Hi @RickLS7 would you mind letting me have details of your bodyshop please.  

On 5/13/2020 at 8:16 AM, RickLS7 said:

18 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Hi @RickLS7 would you mind letting me have details of your bodyshop please.  

Me too. 

Need a bumper respray and these prices are better than 2 places in Kettering I've spoken with, one of which I've used before and is OK but not the best.

It's Quality Vehicle Refurb in Brixworth (just across the road from where I work). 

I think the owner is called Scott and mobile is 07936 380580, have no idea if they are working at the moment.

Archived