From 2.5 to 3.2 S or not? Any thoughts?

Freddie

4 minutes ago, Freddie said:

What did I doo? 😱 I deliberately avoided getting my sh!t pit of a garage in there, lol!

Bracing oneself...

Porsche wheel crests are not pointing towards the tyre valves Freddie.

Now, which day suits for the horse whipping?😂

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scubaregs said:

Porsche wheel crests are not pointing towards the tyre valves Freddie.

Now, which day suits for the horse whipping?😂

Ah bleddy 'ell I'm havin' me money back! Where's the phone...🤣

2 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Ah bleddy 'ell I'm havin' me money back! Where's the phone...🤣

I'd ask for a discount for distress caused. 😂

Anyway, looks fab, many happy miles in her. 

First impressions on the drive home, motorway, 70mph, sixth gear, foot down, wooomph! How much torque in sixth?! Gonna have some (sensible, law abiding, socially distant) fun!

2 hours ago, Boxob said:

Interior paint could be rattle canned as a DIY project. Otherwise a good looking car.

If anyone knows the colour name or code or a decent near match I'd love to know. The plastics are all hard textured, the seat backs are a rubbery substance, same colour.

2 hours ago, Freddie said:

First impressions on the drive home, motorway, 70mph, sixth gear, foot down, wooomph! How much torque in sixth?! Gonna have some (sensible, law abiding, socially distant) fun!

I'm glad that's the case. It would be a shame for it to feel like my 2.7 does at 70 in top gear. Very slow and slugish. 

Does the rear feel stable in low gears?

10 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I'm glad that's the case. It would be a shame for it to feel like my 2.7 does at 70 in top gear. Very slow and slugish. 

Does the rear feel stable in low gears?

I've not noticed anything untoward but I was actually being quite careful as it was raining and I am new to the vehicle, so took it pretty steady. I'm used to quite gentle acceleration at motorway speeds in the 2.5, it was fine don't get me wrong but this S definitely shows the extra hp. I was very fond of the 2.5 as it was a very nice car to drive imo, first foray into Porsche.

Just now, Freddie said:

I've not noticed anything untoward but I was actually being quite careful as it was raining and I am new to the vehicle, so took it pretty steady. I'm used to quite gentle acceleration at motorway speeds in the 2.5, it was fine don't get me wrong but this S definitely shows the extra hp. I was very fond of the 2.5 as it was a very nice car to drive imo, first foray into Porsche.

When you get comfortable to boot it in the lower gears, id be keen to read your thoughts

I will do that, definitely, once it dries up a bit out there. I used to use the 2.5 through the whole rev range, always thought it went well, felt light and agile. This has a different character altogether, looking forward to exploring it on the twisty roads nearby. Thanks for coming back.

25 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Am actually thinking of going yellow, since the car is speed yellow, I can imagine that looking cool

Actually meant to put this on my thread about re-painting the callipers red, but thanks for the @giltranator nod, I love the seat backs in yellow, and the console, all of it looks great, more work than I've got time for though but maybe over time I could, I wonder if the seat backs could be wrapped? Never had any dealings with wrapping.

15 hours ago, Freddie said:

Should have it taxed tomorrow, looking forward to some 'sensible motoring' round the Devon roads, when the sun comes back out again...

Looks like things are starting to come together for an Exmoor/Lynmouth run so keep an eye out for relevant threads and come and join in.

36 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Looks like things are starting to come together for an Exmoor/Lynmouth run so keep an eye out for relevant threads and come and join in.

Thanks, that would be ace, never been on a run, I am based near Okehampton, be great to head up to North Devon ;)

Archived