From 2.5 to 3.2 S or not? Any thoughts?

Freddie

13 hours ago, Freddie said:

Could be a good mod to do to fill one of the blanking plates then?

It's the easiest mod I've done. All you do is replace the wiper relay with a particular VAG one. It's a straight plugin replacement and gives (almost) infinite control over the wiper delay. Search the forum for "wiper relay".

It doesn't help you to lose a blanking plate though.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

Not for nothing, if I felt compelled to buy another S, this would get my attention!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324162884732

look closely. Like that round of spot the difference👍

Ha ha, that caught my eye as well, low miles on the engine and upgraded ims. Just looks 'right' to my eye, subtle mods. I normally prefer original spec but this is cool. What seats are those? Hard to see from that angle but look aftermarket?

45 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Ha ha, that caught my eye as well, low miles on the engine and upgraded ims. Just looks 'right' to my eye, subtle mods. I normally prefer original spec but this is cool. What seats are those? Hard to see from that angle but look aftermarket?

If the engine was replaced by Porsche under warranty there is no specific way to know which IMS bearing type is fitted, however only earlier production engines had the two row so if it came from spares stock that was built up at start of 3.2 production it is possible.  Also doubtful of the claimed 280 engine output as 260 is the factory even for alter engines. It doesn't say the age but given the silver steering wheel badge it would indicate a 2000 MY car.  9 owners in 20 years, I hope it has a history a ream tick otherwise IMO that price is strong.

25 minutes ago, John T said:

@Freddie Forget the engine size Mate, it's all about the driver on Boxster 'B' roads 😉 and some I have driven with on here are testament to that very fact @Mr96er @r1flyguy @RBD914 v2 @Tony Daniel immediately spring to mind 😎

Aye,

@Tony Daniel has seen me pop out for a spin... 

“Viper’s in a flat spin, Wolfman!” 

“we just buzzed his tower” 

“he’s re-engaging!!” 

Fond memories of a lovely little jaunt in the slightly damp countryside👍

1 hour ago, Mr96er said:

Aye,

@Tony Daniel has seen me pop out for a spin... 

“Viper’s in a flat spin, Wolfman!” 

“we just buzzed his tower” 

“he’s re-engaging!!” 

Fond memories of a lovely little jaunt in the slightly damp countryside👍

I remember it well, on the A68 heading to Otterburn Mill 👍 You were the talk of lunch  :thumbsup_anim: only out done that day by the flat in the afternoon 😉 

1 hour ago, John T said:

We don't have evidence of your 'spin' @Mr96er only in my rear view mirror memory and Tony's full on frontal memory but we do have of @davey987 puncture 'Pit Stop' 

35552619940_28cf5b3c26_b.jpg

All that fuss for a puncture or am I missing something

How many BoXa.net members does it to take to change a lightbulb, wait I mean tyre 😂

4 hours ago, edc said:

How many BoXa.net members does it to take to change a lightbulb, wait I mean tyre 😂

Only one, the rest are standing back laughing, sorry no doubt giving constructive advice to enable it to be done quickly and efficiently as well as assisting as required.

38 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Only one, the rest are standing back laughing, sorry no doubt giving constructive advice to enable it to be done quickly and efficiently as well as assisting as required.

I've been in the situation trying to change a tyre when I first got into cars - it took me quote some time (ok maybe an hour) but I got it done and was proud! 

Proud to say I can do all 4 now in under an hour - so long as nothing is seized, and my BMW decided that it didn't really want some of those tyres to come off! And don't get me started on locking nuts!!

22 hours ago, ½cwt said:

If the engine was replaced by Porsche under warranty there is no specific way to know which IMS bearing type is fitted, however only earlier production engines had the two row so if it came from spares stock that was built up at start of 3.2 production it is possible.  Also doubtful of the claimed 280 engine output as 260 is the factory even for alter engines. It doesn't say the age but given the silver steering wheel badge it would indicate a 2000 MY car.  9 owners in 20 years, I hope it has a history a ream tick otherwise IMO that price is strong.

Interesting, thanks 

This Speed Yellow S has caught my eye...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-2002-3-2S-Speed-Yellow-No-Reserve/324161261117?_trkparms=aid%3D888008%26algo%3DDISC.CARDS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200220090753%26meid%3De4b802c00af14043aa9c0d7508e587e1%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D333578279221%26itm%3D324161261117%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDiscV1&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

17 minutes ago, mazza said:

Think this is a member on here if I’m not mistaken... looks lovely

Looks like a lot of interested bidders, hope the seller does well, looks like he really knows his Boxsters!

Looks nice enough at first glance. 

A few weak points have been missed out, especially considering the miles - look out for corroded radiators and air con condensers, at those miles it should have had (or will need) a clutch +/- flywheel, RMS, suspension arms / top mounts / droplinks may be 'fine', but if original, would benefit from a refresh.

Also check the radiator fan resistors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

So, I ignored all the advice regarding keeping my sweet 2.5 and opted for grunt, in the shape of this very nice S in Speed Yellow, thanks to @TROOPER88 - highly recommended . Here are the pics. Interesting interior that I've not seen before, Sport Design package,y nice dash and door covering. 

Only thing letting the interior down imo is the chopped paint, coating, whatever it is. It seems quite hardwaring so how a car like this gets so chipped is beyond me, furniture removals? God knows. Anyhow, exterior is great for a 20 year old car, yellow shows every spec of grot or chip and it's pretty good. I'll do the stone chips and re-paint the callipers.

Should have it taxed tomorrow, looking forward to some 'sensible motoring' round the Devon roads, when the sun comes back out again...

Let me know what you think, I love it, as you can probably tell :)

0ubiFyM.jpg

OgijrUs.jpg

Yu4Rh1B.jpg

5MEnpD3.jpg

gZi8REU.jpg

bywriCr.jpg

bywriCr.jpg

7ylvpqr.jpg

ozu5x2l.jpg

tRh7jII.jpg

Lynb0NU.jpg

Z1jhOFQ.jpg

mmWM1j3.jpg

QfZ2Mx3.jpg

Au2Lf4D.jpg

3 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

@Freddie, oh dear, cardinal sin on here, folks will be calling for a horse whipping. 😂

Do you know what is wrong?

I suspect that's an oversight by @TROOPER88!

Interior paint could be rattle canned as a DIY project. Otherwise a good looking car.

Archived