First trip out after 9 long weeks of lockdown - some pics!

el 3.2S

I have been using the Boxster during the lock down but only for the 10 minute supermarket run. Today was a 40 minute jaunt from my house, up to some inland lakes at El Chorro and then home via Camino del Rey. Mixture of motorway, fast A road and small twisty roads - about 110km round trip all in, with a lot more tristy roads on the way home. Due to the circumstances, it was probably the most enjoyable trip I have ever had in my 4.5 year Boxster ownership. The small roads were nearly deserted and the bar at the lakes had just opened when I arrived, it was up to 28c today and completely calm. Due to the lack of other traffic, I was able to stop off wherever for photo oppertunities and seems like I got a bit carried away. Some nice scenery and I will never likely see the area this quiet again. Hopefully the 20 year old Boxster photo bombing them all does not detract too much!:)

And home

22 minutes ago, myfirstboxster said:

I went to the Metrocentre in a Vauxhall :(

I should be at work now but no flights.

9 minutes ago, edc said:

Did you bring your climbing gear? 

Definitely not😊. It is a popular area for climbers though.

Stunning photos, see why you enjoyed the drive so much. Took mine out at the weekend after about 8 weeks, felt so good don’t realise how big a part of your life they are until your not allowed to use. 

Thanks all.
It is true, you definitely appreciate these cars all the more when get to drive them “properly” for first time in ages. Hard to imagine another car with such a fun factor for just 5 grand!

43 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

You're spoiler looks different to mine. I have a piece that comes up and is solid in-between the top and the bottom. You appear to have struts and a spoiler..... Looks good, did you change it

Thanks, yes I changed it. Bought on e bay some time ago, had it painted and fitted it myself. It is secured onto the original struts that raise up and down. In the up position it helps to dissipate heat from the exhaust area and is handy round these parts - that is my excuse anyway😄.

22 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

great pics.  The boxster, particularly in this one, looks fantastic.  It really is ageing very nicely.

I've probably read before, but can you remind me what suspension you are on and the spacers you are using.  I think I need to increase the size of my spacers, yours look spot on!  Unless of course they are 911 turbo twists?

Superb pictures, your 986 looks very well looked after. There is something so rewarding about seeing a 20 year old car in such superb condition. Having said all that it does make me want to get my car off of its axle stands and back on the road. 

6 hours ago, mvw said:

great pics.  The boxster, particularly in this one, looks fantastic.  It really is ageing very nicely.

I've probably read before, but can you remind me what suspension you are on and the spacers you are using.  I think I need to increase the size of my spacers, yours look spot on!  Unless of course they are 911 turbo twists?

Thanks all😊.
I see the car nearly every day but it did seem to be looking at its best on that trip. Do not think it has been washed since before the lock down either.

On the suspension, my car has the original factory M030 suspension, Boxster turbo twists, 7mm front spacers and 15mm rear spacers.

7 minutes ago, mvw said:

Thanks for that, might swap my 7mm rears for some 15’s.  I’m on M030 so should look similar.

Good luck with that. Yours is very similar then. I liked the subtle stance improvement created by the spacers and it somehow felt nicer to drive - on the corners.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:08 PM, myfirstboxster said:

I went to the Metrocentre in a Vauxhall :(

You cannot make grand statements like that without pictures as proof, sorry.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, el 3.2S said:

I should be at work now but no flights.

Where in Spain do you fly from? Surely not direct flights from a local airport?

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Where in Spain do you fly from? Surely not direct flights from a local airport?

From Malaga to Stavanger, via Oslo, Copenhagen, Bergen or Gatwick usually. Malaga currently has only1 flight a day to Barcelona or Bilbao and there have been some rescue flights, most recently to Moscow.

Archived