Warranty Woes. Is the dealership being OTT?

Ninja02

6 hours ago, Nobbie said:

If it was created by another Porsche dealer, then it’s not warranty work, the other dealer is liable for the repair.

Say in the meantime that other dealer had gone out of business, would you not expect Porsche to rectify the fault as your car was under warranty, or would you be happy for Porsche to say, tough?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Say in the meantime that other dealer had gone out of business, would you not expect Porsche to rectify the fault as your car was under warranty, or would you be happy for Porsche to say, tough?

They haven’t, it’s still not warranty work.

31 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

24 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Lets just disagree.

Or be thankful it might not matter. 

Strangely enough it is NOT recommended by Porsche that you use any type of anti-size on spark plug threads. 

I replaced our 986's plugs every four years as I was heart-feared they would sieze having heard many horror stories about 993's having siezed plugs. 

In true EXY style I used copper - slip and never had an issue in 14 years. 

Sometimes the old ways just keep working. 

55 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

I didn't go back to the other dealer.  I went to Porsche GB.  The way I looked at it,  it is Porsche I'm dealing with,  not the individual franchaises.

Anyway.   They've got a couple of days grace from me now,  back to work tomorrow.  Told them this on Monday, so picked up a 2019 Cayman to run around in for a few days

It's interesting that a number of posts on this thread are less than positive about OPCs. The OP had a rightful beef which eventually got sorted out satisfactorily. I've been surprised as to the number of people who hold official dealers in such low regard. Thats not a criticism of the people posting but a concern as to the way dealers are dealing with us, the great unwashed!

On 6/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, daz05 said:

Ha ha, this thread is poorly timed I've missed out half the stuff that does appear to actually go wrong with the car.

@Alank they are on the lower suspension arms, towards inside of the car. ATM has photographed the rear one.

I changed a front arm too.  I broke the fixing a bit of the front arm so used a little nut and bolt instead. The front looks very different. These are some good pics where you can see them all attached and in position on my car. Well the rear one is not great as you can just see the plastic attachment which is over the outside of the inner joint of the shiny new Meyle coffin arm.

FRONT

20180927_123406.jpg

REAR

20180922-135715.jpg

4 hours ago, Ninja02 said:

Bob

Think it was more Phill 1(with assistance of Stuttgart)  OPC 0

I'll stand corrected Phil, pleased you got result you wanted 😃👍 

Archived