Warranty Woes. Is the dealership being OTT?

Ninja02

25 minutes ago, daz05 said:

No worries, these are a very simple mechanism and usually held on with a couple of small bolts,  as I said I had the same issue on our X5, they were seized but was able to remove them to apply penetrating fluid and manually moved them back and forward to remove the corrosion within the mechanism.  A regular garage would do the same but the OPC has to replace, because this issue is caused by corrosion rather than failure most warranties would not cover.

Note for the rest of us get some protecting spray on these now before you get an MOT failure for your headlights lights pointing low.

You would think then they would be an item to inpsect and spray on the service

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on the progress,   The ARB's , Coffin arms and level sensors are to be replaced under warranty.  Shouldn't of had to fight for it though

Phill

34 minutes ago, Ninja02 said:

Update on the progress,   The ARB's , Coffin arms and level sensors are to be replaced under warranty.  Shouldn't of had to fight for it though

Phill

At least you got there Phill. Shame it created anxiety etc for you. 

What about the spark plugs? I think its amazing given the fact that it has full OPC history they are trying to say you should pay. If its a faulty plug/s then OPC supplied them, they put them right... if it was fitted by a cack handed spanner monkey who cross threaded them (all 6 though?) then it was done by the OPC and should be under warranty.

I do not get why it is even a conversation with them

1 minute ago, Bike Loon said:

What about the spark plugs? I think its amazing given the fact that it has full OPC history they are trying to say you should pay. If its a faulty plug/s then OPC supplied them, they put them right... if it was fitted by a cack handed spanner monkey who cross threaded them (all 6 though?) then it was done by the OPC and should be under warranty.

I do not get why it is even a conversation with them

I know.  There excuse is the previous service was not carried out by them  (or another garage owned by them).  I replied with I'm Dealing with Porsche, and it's a Porsche problem to resolve,  Snotty sent to Porsche GB,  awaiting a response

Phill  

14 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

At least you got there Phill. Shame it created anxiety etc for you. 

Thanks John.  More annoying than anything.  Could understand if I'd taken it to a back street garage (but then again,  some of the back street garage Mechanics work wonders and are not just part fitters)

5 minutes ago, Ninja02 said:

I know.  There excuse is the previous service was not carried out by them  (or another garage owned by them).  I replied with I'm Dealing with Porsche, and it's a Porsche problem to resolve,  Snotty sent to Porsche GB,  awaiting a response

Phill  

That is not your problem, as you say you are dealing with Porsche, under Porsche warranty.

You'd think they would be delighted to get the warranty work that another dealer has created.

31 minutes ago, Ninja02 said:

Phill  

a couple of well placed social media posts with suitable hashtags will get that one resolved very quickly. Porsche do not like (well deserved) negative press

Just out of interest, where are the Headlight Level Sensors located, so to get access  for some lubrication.

With reference to Warranty, its a shame that one of these independent warranty companies cant offer one which Porsche owners could feel confident they would be covered by should something big go wrong. One of them must good surely ??

5 minutes ago, alank said:

Just out of interest, where are the Headlight Level Sensors located, so to get access  for some lubrication.

^^

I can feel another excellent @daz05 video coming along.....

2 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

^^

I can feel another excellent @daz05 video coming along.....

Ha ha, this thread is poorly timed I've missed out half the stuff that does appear to actually go wrong with the car.

@Alank they are on the lower suspension arms, towards the inside of the car. ATM has photographed the rear one.

6 hours ago, Ninja02 said:

Phill

so if you dont mind answering, what does that bring the price down to?

and whoever commented about 'having to fight for it' .... it's exactly that which p*ssed me off whilst covered by the Porsche warranty, no consistency...

26 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

so if you dont mind answering, what does that bring the price down to?

and whoever commented about 'having to fight for it' .... it's exactly that which p*ssed me off whilst covered by the Porsche warranty, no consistency...

Tyres @ £195 Ea

Coolant Cap @ £25

Headlight,  the bodyshop are to prep and recoat it £100

Regarding fighting for it.  I had to be firm and stand my ground.  Yes, the conversation should of been  "Your warranty is good for x,y,z.  but A,B,C are a little dubious,  but we will try"

5 hours ago, Ninja02 said:

Tyres @ £195 Ea

Coolant Cap @ £25

Headlight,  the bodyshop are to prep and recoat it £100

Regarding fighting for it.  I had to be firm and stand my ground.  Yes, the conversation should of been  "Your warranty is good for x,y,z.  but A,B,C are a little dubious,  but we will try"

from £4000 to £515 ?

Amusing to read through this thread to see the dealer trying it on.

What was the issue with the coolant cap, and why did you have to pay for this? Could tyres have not been done anywhere else (if there was a worthwhile delta in cost for your preferred N-rated option)?

22 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

That is not your problem, as you say you are dealing with Porsche, under Porsche warranty.

You'd think they would be delighted to get the warranty work that another dealer has created.

If it was created by another Porsche dealer, then it’s not warranty work, the other dealer is liable for the repair.

On a positive note with OPC's - I've never had an issue with Porsche Leeds - always been very friendly and fair, in fact, have always had a discount on items from there - and it comes out cheaper than other places. Have used the service a couple of times and costs have been very reasonable, with a nice wash at the end of it. 

2 hours ago, usman10316 said:

On a positive note with OPC's - I've never had an issue with Porsche Leeds - always been very friendly and fair, in fact, have always had a discount on items from there - and it comes out cheaper than other places. Have used the service a couple of times and costs have been very reasonable, with a nice wash at the end of it. 

And would they also clean the car for you ??

20 hours ago, Ninja02 said:

....Yes, the conversation should of been  "Your warranty is good for x,y,z.  but A,B,C are a little dubious,  but we will try"

Agreed.  They don't come across as working in your interests.

1 hour ago, Ninja02 said:

Good news.  The spark plugs are out.  I was dreading damaged threads,  but all OK

Hurrah!

Thing is, quite often main dealers will give more simple tasks to ummm less qualified members of the workshop for them to get experience. Not saying this is the case here, but you think you are getting a more experienced / qualified tech by going to the main dealer and it is not always so for every job thats done,

Glad its all sorted

1 hour ago, Ninja02 said:

Good news.  The spark plugs are out.  I was dreading damaged threads,  but all OK

I thought that would be the case just needed time. Glad things have worked out 👍

Archived