Buying advice for 986 that has been stored

suffolkporker

3 minutes ago, topradio said:

I was hoping for a picture of the whole car.

Sorry issues uploading...difficult to get a picture as it’s still in the garage until the transport arrives, hopefully moving in the right direction next week!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, we made it out into the light and onto the recover truck. Managed to get enough air in the tires to push despite having to put the spare on as the valve on one of the wheels came off in my hand while filling it.

Hopefully the other bits of the car are in better nick 🤭

Next week we will find out the extent of what’s required and the true condition. Fingers crossed first run out next weekend!

Hi interested in comments here as have just purchased 2.5 Boxster for 8500 with 30,000 on clock .Has been owned by two ladies and regularly serviced(yearly ) last 12 years and driven a little! I worry about if I have done the right thing but like the 2.5 and wanted a clean one. EBay put me off a little! 

2 hours ago, Moffat141 said:

Hi interested in comments here as have just purchased 2.5 Boxster for 8500 with 30,000 on clock .Has been owned by two ladies and regularly serviced(yearly ) last 12 years and driven a little! I worry about if I have done the right thing but like the 2.5 and wanted a clean one. EBay put me off a little! 

You can swap it for my 145k car if your worried. -) 

It will be fine if its been serviced every 12 months :)

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

You can swap it for my 145k car if your worried. -) 

It will be fine if its been serviced every 12 months :)

It looks like that's the case with mine so far, spoke to the lads in the garage today and after initial inspections they got some power in the battery and she fired back into life first time!

Clearly p*ssed at having been left for so long and let it be known as the horn was stuck on but luckily that was fixed easily.

Currently having a major service and then MOT. After that new boots and an Italian tune up beckons!  😁

1 hour ago, suffolkporker said:

It looks like that's the case with mine so far, spoke to the lads in the garage today and after initial inspections they got some power in the battery and she fired back into life first time!

Clearly p*ssed at having been left for so long and let it be known as the horn was stuck on but luckily that was fixed easily.

Currently having a major service and then MOT. After that new boots and an Italian tune up beckons!  😁

Good to hear........hope all goes well 👍

Archived