Pre Purchase Inspections

dimebars

It better be good when it comes, hardback even 😂

On a serious note he could consider changing the pricing so a basic inspection and verbal report is £X and the written report is a laid for extra. This way he will probably limit the number of reports he has to actually write and can price in such a way that the revenue is the same overall. 

14 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Curious, just what value do you put on your an*l virginity? Would you lower your price at a stretch? 😂

How much of a "stretch"? 😳

• Haha 1

Let's be honest if he can't deliver on and write up the reports as part of the service then he'll probably be just as late to get laid as part of the service. 

20 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Curious, just what value do you put on your an*l virginity? Would you lower your price at a stretch? 😂

Depends upon whether you are a giver or a taker  ;)

20 hours ago, Photogirl said:

That would take the "occasional knocking sounds from rear" and the "insufficient lubrication" part of the report to a whole new level.

You fit in just fine here, I just hope it doesn't say that anywhere on your report  :laugh:

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 6:08 PM, Nick Giles said:

The benefit of a pre purchase inspection is that you are made fully aware of exactly what you are buying, without finding out the hard way. Having inspected over 170 Porsches (from Boxsters to 911's) and owned a few myself, I know what to look for and where to look.

Would you know how to check the operation of a cabin air sensor? Its only £150 if its faulty. Do you know that front brake pads are only 10mm thick when brand new? Can you read the engine revs history?

A plug in diagnostic check and an insured road test (with trade plates, if required) is included so that you can buy with confidence.

Nick Giles Independent Vehicle Inspections 

Hello Nick, will get in touch .... and look forward to your help . Thanks Wayne 

• 8 months later...

Nick Giles did a Boxster inspection for me today. Contacted him only 3 days ago. Got verbal report and discussion straight after and written report within 5 hours. 
Lovely guy, very knowledgeable, created a great relationship with garage I was buying from and they are going to put right a few little bits he identified. Absolutely great service from Nick.

Stuart 

Edited by Stujoed
Spelling errors

On 9/17/2021 at 9:33 AM, TGI_J said:

As @Quinten said, still no written Report. 

Nick was great in giving me a verbal breakdown on the spot to help us make the purchase, however that was on the 29th of July, and it is now the 17th of September, and we still don't have the written report. 

He makes you sign a fancy looking contract etc so it's not great that he can't deliver the report, and not even give me a response in my DM's, just leaves me on read..

Seeing as the thread got bumped, I can report that we did finally receive a written report, months after the event.  No explanation or excuse for the delay though.

Nick's a nice guy - very knowledgeable, came to the first ever AV8 meet a couple of years ago and the last one that we had - bumped into him and his young lad at Prescott a couple of weeks ago and he's joining about a dozen of us for breakfast at Sally Pussey's on 26th June - but don't know what went wrong a few months back - he has more than one string to his bow though, and now giving newbies to Boxster's 1 to 1 tuition at his place on how to service / give their Boxster basic maintenance / look after their Boxster themselves.