981 Market

718as

12 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Yep and its going to be a while before they bring out a PDK spyder. I think the seats are heated, the switch is present anyway.

Looking at a firm that refurbish ceramic discs ...still about £3k to repair. 

https://www.rebrake.de/preise/?lang=en

Right you are, the spec gets better and better. Another option would be to consider a steel conversion for less and make a pretty penny from the ceramics.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

409bhp interesting to know exactly how that figure is arrived at and by what means.

I've been chasing more performance for a while now and got no where near that figure 🥴

6 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Right you are, the spec gets better and better. Another option would be to consider a steel conversion for less and make a pretty penny from the ceramics.

I've not looked at disc conversion so no idea of the cost involved. But would go down the refurb route.

And what happens with the ceramics if you keep on using them in that state, do they break up with just road use??

In general the car market quite strong because government has been giving everyone with a business free money. So even sole trader types have been getting money off the government for nothing. I know a couple of people in this situation who have taken the money. Short term contractor types. Its so easy to get its ridiculous. I think its called a loan but not sure how much will get paid back. Think about how easy it would be for these sole trader types to fold their business and start trading again under a different name. When all this free money - or if this free money - stops flowing then we'll get a better idea of how car prices will be affected. 

2 hours ago, ATM said:

In general the car market quite strong because government has been giving everyone with a business free money. So even sole trader types have been getting money off the government for nothing. I know a couple of people in this situation who have taken the money. Short term contractor types. Its so easy to get its ridiculous. I think its called a loan but not sure how much will get paid back. Think about how easy it would be for these sole trader types to fold their business and start trading again under a different name. When all this free money - or if this free money - stops flowing then we'll get a better idea of how car prices will be affected. 

So accurate.

I haven't taken the money but sometimes I think that I should.  As you say, how much will actually be paid back?  It will probably become like the student loan system where they know full well that it's not going to be repaid.

I will probably look back at this time and say that I should have milked the system, after all, like everybody else, I'll be paying for it.

18 hours ago, ATM said:

If you are talking about the grant/loan scheme I don't think you can 'stop' and not be responsible for repayment as a sole trader, a limited company maybe but if they took the loan/grant as an individual and if that individual stopped being a self employed sole trader they would still be the same individual if they became a ltd co director or paye employee (I'm pretty sure that would be the case, the same as any other loan)/ If you had a ltd company then you coudl possibly phoenix mind.

The self employed furlough payments are different, they're not even repayable its just the equivalent of the furlough money paid for a paye employee (but based on previous self employment instead of paye wages)

All of my friends who act as contractors do so under an ltd which employs only themselves. 

Phoenix seems obvious to me. There is absolutely no good will and trading history of the entity is largely irrelevant unless you're looking to secure finance in the near future. 

For any none financial types reading. Phoenix is the name given for dissolving a company and therefore writing off all its debts and then continuing to trade under a new company. Nothing changes except the company structure. Same business. Same suppliers. Same customers. Same day to day activities. 

This can be done by basically any business. Lets imagine a simple shop. They have taken the grants from the government and this company now owes the government this money back at some point. They setup a new company and they transfer the lease for the premises to the new company. They setup new bank accounts and tell suppliers they have a new entity. Services like Internet and power are transferred to the new entity and new account. They can pay all suppliers if they are being nice and just not pay the government any money owed for tax, ni, vat and the government grants mentioned at the beginning. If they are not being nice they can refuse to pay other suppliers too but then these suppliers would probably refuse to supply the new entity. 

Voila the shop continues to trade and no one would know any difference unless you checked Companies House. 

This is standard practice. Thats why it even has a name. Phoenix. There is also the verb Phoenixing which I dont particularly like.

Archived