981 Market

718as

2 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Ooh, that looks gorgeous ! :wub: I saw mention elsewhere of a somewhat muted exhaust note from the 718 GTS but on the other hand a brand new car. Tough decision but nice to have the choice!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Lovely but that's very over priced imho. 

Indeed the 718 has slight improvements everywhere....except the sound.  And the false actuator vibrating against the chassis is just dumb.

I also found the engine to be lacking any lowdown power unless you remembered to select the sports modes.

I think the 981 prices have held/strengthened due to the delayed release to the market of the 6 cylinder 718 GTS 4.0

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Indeed the 718 has slight improvements everywhere....except the sound.  And the false actuator vibrating against the chassis is just dumb.

I also found the engine to be lacking any lowdown power unless you remembered to select the sports modes.

I think the 981 prices have held/strengthened due to the delayed release to the market of the 6 cylinder 718 GTS 4.0

I hired a 2.5s some years back when they first came out at the PEC. Got to admit the low down torque impressed me, if I remember from about 1700rpm or so it took off like a stream train. 

I've been trying to replicate that performance on my 981s ever since, cost me a few pennies along the way 🥴

14 minutes ago, 718as said:

Put a twin turbo in the 981. 😎

Friend of mine did look into it; some kit from the states, I think and upwards of 4K. Probably easier to get a 718s and get it mapped and fettle with the headers etc. Came sooooooo close to going down that route after my PEC day with the 2.5T engine but after personalising my own car, to some degree by then🤔.

I'm selling my April 2016 981s.
Agate Grey, 20" Turbo Alloys, around £14k in optional extras. (Nav, phone kit, crested headrests, front/rear parking sensors etc)
12k miles, Full OPC History (major service completed Apr) Porsche Warranty to April 21.
£39999. 
Message me for further details.
Pete

• 2 weeks later...

KkPrices on the up?

Just noticed on Porsche web site 3 boxsters which seem to have higher prices than when I was looking. I paid £33000, for late 2013, with most options, Inc red belts. These three don't have Sport steerling wheel or PSE, yet are   2014, 21k, £39k,.     2013. 23k. £37k, and ,2014, 23k,. £38k.

You guys seen this GTS, have to say it looks the stunning.  

Hopefully it still has the X73 set up fitted rather than H&R springs as advertised or the 406bhp claim but that's some spec, anyone know the car?

Link - 981 GTS

Wow that is an epic spec.......two things I would need to check out...

- the stock PSE on the 981 GTS is so awesome I’d be worried the Capristo may detract from that...probably not but would be interesting to hear it

- the ceramics.......you have to be so careful with these and especially hard to tell from pics ....BUT the rears seem to show the dreaded outer ring which indicates they have been overheated and require replacement ?

3 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Wow that is an epic spec.......two things I would need to check out...

- the stock PSE on the 981 GTS is so awesome I’d be worried the Capristo may detract from that...probably not but would be interesting to hear it

- the ceramics.......you have to be so careful with these and especially hard to tell from pics ....BUT the rears seem to show the dreaded outer ring which indicates they have been overheated and require replacement ?

Great spec but you can imagine it has some track miles.  I guess the outer ring could be from PTV overheating the rears.

Get the feeling it may be better off avoided sadly.

12 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

the ceramics.......you have to be so careful with these and especially hard to tell from pics ....BUT the rears seem to show the dreaded outer ring which indicates they have been overheated and require replacement ?

Think you have just saved me a 13 hour round trip to look at this car, I hadn't noticed that.

6 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Think you have just saved me a 13 hour round trip to look at this car, I hadn't noticed that.

Good idea, those badges don’t point to the valves anyway - tut tut, not worth having 😂 One will come up soon I’m sure Tony 👍

9 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

You can swap them for steels no problem but I would be looking to factor that into any price I paid........the bigger issue for me is that it’s actually an “over specced” GTS............ie if you really wanted a car with that sort of spec a better base car would have been a GT4 or a spyder if you wanted a convertible.......I have always said that the 981GTS is one of those rare cars which more than the sum of its parts.....the risk with this spec is you actually ruin the essence of what a GTS is ?

27 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

the risk with this spec is you actually ruin the essence of what a GTS is ?

Yes, and I hadn't dashed up to Scotland this week as I'm thinking the bucket seats look awesome but how would they be for long journeys and getting in and out of on a daily basis, and the red bits are cr*p.

Also the car has X73 suspension and I'm really looking for a PASM equipped car. 

Not much of interest out there at the moment😔

Slightly off topic..but related....I've looked at the 987 prices, particularity the S variant, and having monitored these for a while they haven't really moved an awful lot in the last 12 months or so...

Wonder if this is the 718 effect trickling down through the 981 to the 987's as the Gen 1's and 2 are asking for strong money ...maybe its the tine of year ???

6 hours ago, Jonttt said:

You can swap them for steels no problem but I would be looking to factor that into any price I paid........the bigger issue for me is that it’s actually an “over specced” GTS............ie if you really wanted a car with that sort of spec a better base car would have been a GT4 or a spyder if you wanted a convertible.......I have always said that the 981GTS is one of those rare cars which more than the sum of its parts.....the risk with this spec is you actually ruin the essence of what a GTS is ?

Another way to look at it is that you've got as close to the Spyder spec but with the advantage of pdk for reasonable gearing, and a decent roof. Those seats are comfortable, only issue is lack of heating, x73 really enhances the driving experience. If it's too hard you could switch to 19s.

However, a few things concern me, it's probably had a hard life, the engine has been played with and not sure by whom. It seems odd that it's been traded in, I'm sure if advertised private it would be a very easy sale.

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

Another way to look at it is that you've got as close to the Spyder spec but with the advantage of pdk for reasonable gearing, and a decent roof. Those seats are comfortable, only issue is lack of heating

Yep and its going to be a while before they bring out a PDK spyder. I think the seats are heated, the switch is present anyway.

Looking at a firm that refurbish ceramic discs ...still about £3k to repair. 

https://www.rebrake.de/preise/?lang=en

Archived