Anyone after a low mileage 987S

bally4563

45 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Remind me of the spec - can't remember now.

3.2S 2005, heated seats , chrono, litronics, climate, cruise, full leather, crested seats doesn’t have Pasm or Pse

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Pasm overrated cant use it on our roads PSE easy retrofit

Throw a DSC controller on though and things change considerably. Also if the world ever becomes something like normal again and I decide to take the boxster to Spain which was my original plan they won't matriculate it unless it is absolutely as the build sheet which you have to produce. Might get away with a carnewal which is not so obvious but exterior bypass pipes a la PSE won't wash.

In standard form the harder sport mode is harsh on UK roads granted but in standard mode its still one of the best active suspension systems on the market......fit a DSC controller and both modes are useable on UK roads........

THe holy trinity of Porsche specs has always been ......sport chrono, PASM and PSE......anyone who says differently does not have them all lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, JonSta said:

Throw a DSC controller on though and things change considerably. Also if the world ever becomes something like normal again and I decide to take the boxster to Spain which was my original plan they won't matriculate it unless it is absolutely as the build sheet which you have to produce. Might get away with a carnewal which is not so obvious but exterior bypass pipes a la PSE won't wash.

Have to  agree with you on that, had my 987.2 without the DSC v1 on and it was totally different. It's like somebody changed the dampers and springs. It was at the franchise for a repair and I didn't get a chance to put it back on.

• 1 month later...

Update on this lovely car, mates just been around and his right spec V12 Vantage that he wants to buy has come on the market, so the Boxster has to go, he will take £12750 or best offer ( will have to start with a 12) an absolute bargain for such a low mileage 3.2S pretty much fully loaded, anybody interested pm and I will supply his contact details

Mick

20 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Update on this lovely car, mates just been around and his right spec V12 Vantage that he wants to buy has come on the market, so the Boxster has to go, he will take £12750 or best offer ( will have to start with a 12) an absolute bargain for such a low mileage 3.2S pretty much fully loaded, anybody interested pm and I will supply his contact details

Mick

Has he tried places like Mortimer? They have this up for big money, so may offer decent price

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101188096086?model=BOXSTER&postcode=sk94bg&year-from=2005&radius=1500&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=PORSCHE&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&year-to=2005&aggregatedTrim=987 S&page=2

3 hours ago, JonSta said:

Heck of a bargain at low 12s. 

Sure is he has had it detailed, rims refurbed , in Anthracite ( lobster claws)new tyres,Michelin’s from memory. I’ve lowered it with 10 mm H&R , cracking bargain for someone.

Further update on this lovely car. It is now mine😊.

I’d been talking to the seller for a few days and had a login for this forum since I had my old 987S in 2018. I was just browsing as I was looking for another (old one was sold when we moved house on the promise I could get another when we could afford it). And I saw this thread and put 2 and 2 together.

Should have seen his face when I told him today that I knew what he would take for it. I took the view that he was happy with 12750 then so was I - I didn’t try to knock him down any further. Having viewed another lower spec car with 3 times the mileage and not nearly as well-presented where the seller told me flat he wouldn’t go below 13k I think this car is well worth it, it really is a beautiful example. So we are both very pleased!

11 hours ago, sutnav said:

I’d been talking to the seller for a few days and had a login for this forum since I had my old 987S in 2018. I was just browsing as I was looking for another (old one was sold when we moved house on the promise I could get another when we could afford it). And I saw this thread and put 2 and 2 together.

Should have seen his face when I told him today that I knew what he would take for it. I took the view that he was happy with 12750 then so was I - I didn’t try to knock him down any further. Having viewed another lower spec car with 3 times the mileage and not nearly as well-presented where the seller told me flat he wouldn’t go below 13k I think this car is well worth it, it really is a beautiful example. So we are both very pleased!

Congratulations on your purchase :)  Get some pics up

13 hours ago, sutnav said:

Got a good motor there, just check coolant cap that it is latest revision, I seem to recall it wasn’t when I was working on it

I think I was a lurker in 2018, I seemed to have an account?

Anyway, picked the S up today, very enjoyable drive home, remembering just how good these cars are.

Idly stabbing at the buttons on the PCM on the way I pressed TEL and had an option to switch the phone on. So I did, expecting it to say ‘No SIM’ (I am familiar with that system from the 2.0 in our C4S). It came up with ‘Pairing’. Looked at the phone (stationary now, of course) and it showed ‘Denison BTA’. Guessed the pairing pin as 0000 and voila - iPhone connected. A real bonus!

Handsfree works fine, still can’t quite work out how to Bluetooth stream music to it, if anyone can help?

I will take some pix of the car tomorrow but I haven’t been so excited about a new purchase this century at least. Possibly since 1977!

Oh, and the new coolant cap arrived from 911 design yesterday and it is now fitted. The old one was **** 01 so probably the original, the latest is **** 04.

Archived