Anyone after a low mileage 987S

bally4563

Remember my potentially for sale?

Anyway my mate has his 2005 987 S 22k miles for sale on piston heads, just had a major refresh with wheels refurbed,  Two stage detailed and H&R lowering springs really high spec in black ,he’s got it up for 15k

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he’ll get 15 and he may be better to reduce quite quickly before winter bites. I am amazed by prices though, I bought my 2005 ( albeit base) when it was under 4 years old and still the current model, it had 21,000 miles but had just had a new engine fitted by Porsche. It cost under £18k from a dealer.

It seems incredible prices can be even in the same ball park for such old cars with several new models since.

16 minutes ago, box100 said:

I doubt he’ll get 15 and he may be better to reduce quite quickly before winter bites. I am amazed by prices though, I bought my 2005 ( albeit base) when it was under 4 years old and still the current model, it had 21,000 miles but had just had a new engine fitted by Porsche. It cost under £18k from a dealer.

It seems incredible prices can be even in the same ball park for such old cars with several new models since.

he has absolutely no chance of getting that - end off 

8 minutes ago, Bleedsoff said:

Just out of interest what should you be paying for 987.1 S. I'm in the market for one.

varies upon spec, mlg, condition etc

you could get one for c£7500 upwards 

friend of mine picked up a 2005 2.7, heated seats, zenons, 19" wheels, 93k with full psh - £6500

5 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Remember my potentially for sale?

Anyway my mate has his 2005 987 S 22k miles for sale on piston heads, just had a major refresh with wheels refurbed,  Two stage detailed and H&R lowering springs really high spec in black ,he’s got it up for 15k

Actually I think it's up for £16K, if I'm looking at the right car.

4 minutes ago, Bleedsoff said:

Is 13K for a 987.1 S 3.2 87000 miles fully loaded from a dealer over priced? I find it hard to know what is over priced and not with these cars. so much fluctuation. 

again, depends on the actual maintenance etc - at that mlg, you could be looking at a suspension refresh/front coolant pipes/clutch etc etc

54 minutes ago, Bleedsoff said:

Is 13K for a 987.1 S 3.2 87000 miles fully loaded from a dealer over priced? I find it hard to know what is over priced and not with these cars. so much fluctuation. 

In my opinion 11k , just bought a 3.4S Sports edition on a 2008 with 69k full history for 11K , but private

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

just bought a 3.4S Sports edition on a 2008 with 69k full history for 11K , but private

Mick you have been busy! Manual I presume. Has the old one gone? Hope this one works for you.

38 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Mick you have been busy! Manual I presume. Has the old one gone? Hope this one works for you.

Hi Dave, not yet still in the process of swopping bits over, however went up the Dales with the boys... perfect but I can tell some suspension components need a refresh hence giving myself a few weeks before I move it on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 6:11 PM, bally4563 said:

Hi Dave, not yet still in the process of swopping bits over, however went up the Dales with the boys... perfect but I can tell some suspension components need a refresh hence giving myself a few weeks before I move it on. 

On 9/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, bally4563 said:

Yes right car but he will take 15k, wants to upgrade is DB9 to a V12

Further update, just spoken with him, he says absolute death 14K

17 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

is this the same car as the one in the other thread about "advice on selling my car"?

No , mate of mine mooted about selling it a while ago, since then has all been refreshed and definitely for sale now, currently on Piston Heads at 16 K, but as mentioned will take 14 K

Archived