Anyone Wrapped?

718as

32 minutes ago, 718as said:

Then again, I heard ppl buy new cars and then wrap them straight away into something else.  If you got the money..............

Reminds me of the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should..." :P

1 hour ago, Scubaregs said:

Advice given to your wife on your wedding day by your mother in law perhaps? 😛

If my mother in law had been alive at the time, then possibly yes.......... but she wasn't, so... er... no :lol:

6 hours ago, 718as said:

Then again, I heard ppl buy new cars and then wrap them straight away into something else.

If you got the money..............

I don't get that, IMO if you are that rich wouldn't you order an individual/exclusive colour combination in the first place.  Unless time was an issue and you needed the car straight away in whatever colour, then I could understand going for a wrap perhaps.

43 minutes ago, Davey P said:

If my mother in law had been alive at the time, then possibly yes.......... but she wasn't, so... er... no :lol:

which reminds me, this arrived today 'divorce possessions separating device' or 'MIL ridding machine'

5AOTSo5.jpg

8 hours ago, Greenman said:

They generally look great when fresh and from a yard or two. A closer look tends to reveal the shoddiest jobs, but even the best tend to suffer a bit after a couple of years,  as edges start lifting and nicks develop etc. My fear is what happens when they try to remove it, if your paint underneath is perfect (never touched up) then you may be ok, but even then it will reveal any damage incurred putting the wrap on (knife damage etc).

Knifes are used only over edges,plastic tools are used for getting the air out under the wrap - mine has no damage,of course,you get what you pay for

11 hours ago, fox10 said:

I don't get that, IMO if you are that rich wouldn't you order an individual/exclusive colour combination in the first place.  Unless time was an issue and you needed the car straight away in whatever colour, then I could understand going for a wrap perhaps.

They normally go for chrome type colours etc..

20 hours ago, 718as said:

As has been mentioned, yellow appears a popular colour to cover up - it's still new to me and enjoying it very much so I don't understand going for the grey wrap.  But that purple...  I like the idea of that, maybe something a bit more pastel shade and not metallic.

I once met David Yu (Evo contributor) with his Godzilla GTR and noted that the wrap was peeling off in various places.  Looked really shoddy.  His answer to it was that he "drives very very fast, faster than most people could comprehend".  Wasn't sure if he was joking but didn't appear to be, came across as a bit of an arrogant twit with a tatty looking car.

46 minutes ago, moospeed said:

I once met David Yu (Evo contributor) with his Godzilla GTR and noted that the wrap was peeling off in various places.  Looked really shoddy.  His answer to it was that he "drives very very fast, faster than most people could comprehend".  Wasn't sure if he was joking but didn't appear to be, came across as a bit of an arrogant twit with a tatty looking car.

🤣

On 10/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, 718as said:

download.axd?file=0;1004414&where=&f=IMG

the points of colour on the bonnet being so different to the shape of the really visible shutlines really messes with my OCD. Sides look great, just doesn't transition well to the bonnet with that shape IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Archived