Oli filter tool

Kev73

Any links to an oil filter removal tool for a '13 2.7, having just bought the car I don't trust that longlife service intervals so I wanna carry out an interim oil change, also that filter is partially blocked by some engine beam! 

11 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

Yes. 76mm x14 flutes. 
Just checked back through my purchase history, even says ‘fit for BMW’

great, ill have a look tomorrow or tue, just the access is a bit awkward with a beam in the way

23 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

Yes but easy enough to remove the beams. If you are removing the beams I would consider doing the transmission fluid at the same time 

I suppose you need to support the engine from above then?

No, the beams are there to stiffen the chassis. They don’t support any of the engine so all is good. 
You are only really removing the beams to remove the metal tray to make access easier, that is if you are doing the transmission fluid. I think you can do oil without removing anything, see photo below 

Pic1.jpg 

There are a number of threads on Planet9 and elsewhere plus a few decent tubes on doing an oil change, it’s dead easy. The beam does obstruct access slightly but it just means you have to loosen the oil canister slightly then remove with your hand, it’s easy enough. Remember a new crush washer. That picture above is not a 981. 

I bought a Hazet 2169  which is 74.4 mm with 14 sides.  It’s pretty high quality (probably overkill) cost around £15 (seem much more expensive now)works a charm, it doesn’t have a high torque though so any quality should do. 

Archived