981 PSE Best price for retrofit 2020

Ringmaster999

30 minutes ago, Ninja02 said:

Resurrecting the subject,  has anyone bought the exhaust to fit themselves, then arrange to have it coded?

Phill

There's a bit more to it than that, after fitting the exhaust you would also need to access the top of the engine bay (not much fun) and connect the vacuum hoses, solenoid and electrical connection to the main loom which is generally plug and play.

Then also fit a new switch unit before coding.

I have done it, the engine bay stuff is easy in comparison to fitting the wire that needs to go from a module in the boot to under the passenger seat, this involves stipping out half of the interior and all of the boot.

The switch is a piece of p*ss.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, AnthonyR said:

I have done it, the engine bay stuff is easy in comparison to fitting the wire that needs to go from a module in the boot to under the passenger seat, this involves stipping out half of the interior and all of the boot.

The switch is a piece of p*ss.

What did you do about coding?

Had my PSE fitted last Thursday by Cotswold Porsche and I couldn't be more pleased .

It replaced the Carnewal  I had fitted the August before which was good but compared to the PSE was to tame for my liking .

Highly recommend 👍🏽

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, villaman said:

Had my PSE fitted last Thursday by Cotswold Porsche and I couldn't be more pleased .

It replaced the Carnewal  I had fitted the August before which was good but compared to the PSE was to tame for my liking .

Highly recommend 👍🏽

After having my PSE fitted in Nov and then due to lockdown etc it went straight away in the garage I’ve only just got it back out this week for a drive and smiles per miles are just priceless. I so like the ability to switch it off and reading the threads re valves seizing think it’s not a bad thing. I drive my car spiritedly when safe and usually on National speed limit A roads so constantly switch from manual non sport to paddle shift sport modes. So never constantly in sport with PSE on 👍

• Thanks 1

On the seizing issue the very worst thing you can do is put it away after moving it from the drive 10ft cold into the garage the moisture from the cold start will seize your valves so always good to give it a drive before putting it away 👍

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, daz05 said:

On the seizing issue the very worst thing you can do is put it away after moving it from the drive 10ft cold into the garage the moisture from the cold start will seize your valves so always good to give it a drive before putting it away 👍

Fortunately when it comes out to play it comes out to play as it’s not a daily so always gets a run 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Really tempted to get the PSE fitted to my base 981 Boxster which has Boxster S twin tips on the end (not sports tips). The price through OPC is around £500 cheaper if new tips are not required. Does anyone know if an OPC will fit the PSE using my Boxster S tips rather than the Sports tips that they quote as part of the full package?

Thanks

Andrew 

2 hours ago, Madlil said:

Hi all. Really tempted to get the PSE fitted to my base 981 Boxster which has Boxster S twin tips on the end (not sports tips). The price through OPC is around £500 cheaper if new tips are not required. Does anyone know if an OPC will fit the PSE using my Boxster S tips rather than the Sports tips that they quote as part of the full package?

Thanks

Andrew 

Why don’t you just ask them?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Madlil said:

Thanks

Andrew 

Same thing. I had the PSE retro fitted at my OPC using my sport tips that were fitted to the car. When trying to get the job done originally they said I didn’t have the sport tips fitted to my car. So I dropped in and had a tec confirm that what I had fitted would fit the PSE. As far as I’m concerned what  ever twin outlet you have fitted will fit the PSE as long as it’s a standard exhaust currently fitted as the diameter of the connecting pipes are the same. But if it’s not a choir just drop by your OPC 👍

• Thanks 1

I posted somewhere on this. In my case my Standard ‘S’ tips were identical to the ‘Sport’ tips.  In theory there might be a couple of mm difference in the final external diameter (and chrome/stainless steel finish difference). But the actual connection diameters are identical.   I can see no reason why the PSE could not be connected to standard S tips.

• Thanks 1