981 PSE Best price for retrofit 2020

Ringmaster999

I’ll leave this hanging till after Xmas and the end of tier 11, or whatever we are up to them. 
Assuming we haven’t entered a zombie apocalypse, I’ll call some dealers and see if any of them want the business. I’m going to aim for £1800 for each one, fitted. If they have fitted at that sort of level to sell a used car then it must be doable. If we get 5 cars to the nominated opc one wet Wednesday afternoon in February It would give them something to do. 

• Like 1

I have an update. In a stroke of good fortune, my car was Specced with sports tail pipes from new. This is required for PSE thus reduces the cost. 
ive got an OPC who will do a car with sports tail pipes at £1850 fitted. Looks like without maybe closer to £2200. I’m hoping to get that second price lower. 

Those who are interested, I need your chassis number. That way OPC parts will price exactly against your car. Booking from early Feb. PM me your name, chassis number and mobile if you want me to advance this. 

I have a chassis number from Graham. I need chassis numbers from others if you want to proceed. I don’t want to post the details of the OPC on this thread but they are close to London. Price will include Porsche warranty and the correct button in OEM fitment next to the gearshift.

Roll up, Roll up...

I have done a bit of research on exhaust tips and I have found the following part numbers which are 981 111 961 02 for use with sports exhaust systems and 981 111 361 00 for use with non PSE systems. The schematics seem identical see the following link

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-tail-pipe-98111136100?c=bT0xJmw9NSZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3RzJms9MQ%3D%3D

I guess a call to an OPC is required for clarification on what the differences are unless somebody can let me know on here.

happy new year everyone

Option code for sports tailpipe was XLS. Option for PSE is XLF. According to price list I have XLF was only in conjunction with XLS.

In other words if you were speccing PSE (£1530 as factory ordered option) you HAD to order sports tailpipes as well. Shown as £365 when new. 

I just found this link which asked the same question as me regarding what is the difference between the standard twin pipe tips and sport tips and I think my interpretation would be they are a slightly different shape and thats about it. i woulsd also conclude you can have the PSE with the standard twin pipe outlet found on an S as it will not have much impact if any. I suppose it may come down to the OPC as it is important that they agree it is fine to do as my car has 2 years of warranty on it.

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/sport-tailpipes-vs-normal-cs-tailpipes.85961/