Carnewal Exhaust not really an option - what else?

Digidick

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little update....

Finally found and agreed to purchase a pair of used silencers to be sent off to Gert so he can do his magic. Hoping by this time next week they'll be back here ready for me to fit. Total cost will be around £650.

Just now, Digidick said:

Little update....

Finally found and agreed to purchase a pair of used silencers to be sent off to Gert so he can do his magic. Hoping by this time next week they'll be back here ready for me to fit. Total cost will be around £650.

Result.

21 minutes ago, Digidick said:

Hope so. Most used silencers are junk so hoping these will do the trick. sent Gert the links so he's cast his eyes over them.

Hi is that £650 including the exhaust you haver found or is that the cost for Gert to do the work if you don't mind me asking?

20 hours ago, Digidick said:

I'm paying the cost to send to him and through Parcel Monkey it's looking like £25 fully insured and a 2-3 day service.

Ignore the £25 courier, as soon as the correct dimensions and weight went in it ended up being £95. It was the weight that changed the costs.

Never mind, bring on the exhaust!!!

So total cost now £720. If I'd not had to buy exhausts good enough to work on then I'd have been paying around £480

• 2 months later...

I got a decent low mileage 987.1 S exhaust off the bay last summer, it came with some extra tips at about £250

Posted it off to Gert (if you listen to him re packing he even tells you what size box, as the couriers charge by wxdxh plus weight/value, cost me about £70 to send, but Gert gets them in a smaller box or has an account and got much better rates to return than i could send them.

I then found a sports set of tips local to me for sale for £100.

so i in total i was in for approx £750-800

I managed to sell the tips the newer exhaust came with for £80
Sold my std S tips for £65
Sold the rest of my std exhaust for £200

I didnt think that was to bad all in tbh, fitting cost me a couple of hours labour at the village garage who had to apply heat and and the angle grinder disc Gert included, but the instructions and kit Gert sent back for new bolts/gaskets etc helped lots)

On 1/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, Digidick said:

😂 it left the UK this morning, hurry up UPS!!

How is it Digidick? You pleased with it? I love mine. Although it sounds a bit silly first thing in the morning, once warmed up it’s great.

Love it mate, really do. It has a bit of boom as you slowly build up speed but once cruising it’s drone free. Full knacker it sounds fantastic and yes noisy in the mornings, I make sure the rear is pointing towards the road rather than the house as I’m in a bungalow with bedrooms on the front 😁

I'm just starting to look at this myself as my 987.1 S has one back box with a hole in it and I'm guessing the other one won't be far behind!

Are the boxes the same on the 2.7 model? I like the sound of a Carnewal but obviously he won't be interested in my exhaust!

15 minutes ago, Digidick said:

Gert told me the 2.7 is slightly different to the 3.2 but the 3.2 is the same as the 3.4 and the same on both Boxster and Cayman 987.1’s. 

That’s great, thanks. So I guess the hunt is on for a used 3.2 or 3.4 exhaust system!

Yep 👍 

Think the difference is where it joins the manifold but aftermarket exhausts seem to list them fitting 3.2 and 2.7?? 

but I played it safe and took Gerts word so hunted for a 3.2 or 3.4, ended up with a 3.4 from a Cayman. 

I’ve dropped Gert a message on Facebook, will give him a call if I don’t hear back.

I need to get some bits and pieces sorted on the car in a few weeks time which needs the engine to come out so its the perfect opportunity to get the exhaust done..... best find one sharpish!

11 hours ago, nick997 said:

My 2.7 exhaust is on eBay if Gert says they will fit but fairly sure @Digidickhas been through this with him already. 

I've got that one bookmarked already! Have sent it to Gert to see if there's a deal to be done in any way with some sort of exchange + cash.

Archived