Carnewal Exhaust not really an option - what else?

Digidick

Really wanted a Carnewal exhaust but my current exhaust is starting show it’s age so Gert isn’t interested in an exchange. He doesn’t have any exhausts available for an outright purchase (2005 3.2S) and although he hasn’t given me a price if he could I’d imagine they are expensive for 15-16 year old second hand exhaust no matter how good it sounds. 

What else is recommended for a similar budget, don’t want silly loud though. I’m based in Derby and can fit myself.  

3 minutes ago, Digidick said:

Really wanted a Carnewal exhaust but my current exhaust is starting show it’s age so Gert isn’t interested in an exchange. He doesn’t have any exhausts available for an outright purchase (2005 3.2S) and although he hasn’t given me a price if he could I’d imagine they are expensive for 15-16 year old second hand exhaust no matter how good it sounds. 

What else is recommended for a similar budget, don’t want silly loud though. I’m based in Derby and can fit myself.  

What about buying a decent condition one off eBay and sending him that? How bad is your current one?

I did think of that but then it’s getting into brand new stainless system prices. I didn’t realise but he also said 2005-2006 3.2S exhausts are hard to come by as they have a slightly different width inlet tubes or something?? So it’s starting to get complicated. 

my current one is starting to split its outer shell on the top corners up inside the bumper area, he doesn’t want anything like that. 

Edited by Digidick

2 hours ago, Digidick said:

although he hasn’t given me a price if he could I’d imagine they are expensive for 15-16 year old second hand exhaust no matter how good it sounds. 

Non-exchange quote was approx 900 Euro's on a 2006 987.1 2.7. That was about a year ago.

He has none for me to buy outright though currently, only exchange ones which I can't do. 

Found a couple of used original exhausts on Facebook marketplace ( with the idea of sending to Gert) but folk still want silly money.

Prob have to sit and wait and see what comes up on the used market.

1 hour ago, Digidick said:

Yes I’m looking into that now, all a fair distance from me though. 

I see from the top of the thread you are in Derby.  Can you alter your Profile to say Location - Derby. Helpful for future :)