Frunk light

Roger C

I didn't want to risk the light staying on, so I sent the cable out the top of the trunk, there's plenty of clearance for the cable to shut the frunk whilst it charges. That said it was a faff so I've since bought the cigarette lighter adapter and I plug that into the passenger side 12v socket now!

1 hour ago, Simon. said:

I shut the frunk on my Accumate charger lead, no issues, enough clearance. Plug and play so nice and easy. Leave a note on windscreen so not to drive off plugged in mind 🤔

I also take the cable out just below wipers. Close frunk and set alarm as lots of room for the small gauge cable. 

I've done similar but leave the frunk open and I think the light goes off after a period of time (hours not minutes). 

What's the problem with the light being on? The battery won't go flat while the CTek is plugged in. 

13 hours ago, Hewey said:

The heat generated by the light being on for a long period may well distort the plastic lens.

Could change it to LED if that is a concern.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, Roger C said:

Greetings chums,

I want to plug my Ctek straight into the battery instead of the cig lighter but to do that I'll need to leave the frunk on the latch.

Will the light stay on or will it go off after awhile?

Rog.

Out of interest, is there some technical reason why you did not want to use the  cig. lighter socket, or just a preference. I've used the socket for several years without issue and its seems more convenient to me, although your solution is tidy and  practical I must say.

33 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Out of interest, is there some technical reason why you did not want to use the  cig. lighter socket, or just a preference. I've used the socket for several years without issue and its seems more convenient to me, although your solution is tidy and  practical I must say.

TBH no other reason apart from I didn't have a spare socket at that end of the garage and didn't want to have an extension lead trailing across the floor, I have used the cig lighter before and if I'm honest I'll probably go back to using it as I've realised that once the cover is on the car I can't see the charger status. This all came about as I fitted a wifi controlled door opener to my garage (can open door using my phone and know if door is open or closed) and I needed a wifi extender which used the socket the CTEK is normally plugged into....lol.. I'll just add another double socket to the existing double and all will be good, keep it simple stupid..lol

Rog.

18 hours ago, Roger C said:

Following on from the above post this is what I’ve done.

cKzpPiG.jpg

7SwEDUZ.jpg

lsqFab5.jpg

I’ve left the charger on the windscreen as a subtle reminder..lol

Rog.

I have the same although I have an extention so that I can have the charger on the wall. Extention is from Amazon -https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADIHUVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_KYD9J0KSMN5VVEHC1D2H 

3 hours ago, Roger C said:

I've realised that once the cover is on the car I can't see the charger status. 

I'm pretty sure there's a device which can be attached to the battery which then allows you to check the state of charge of your battery on your phone.

2 hours ago, Babaa said:

I have the same and it works really well. It stores historical data so you can see how the voltage drops day-by-day, or how well your battery tender is doing.

Archived