Spyder Incoming.....

Spyderman 718

Good Day Everyone,

Got a phone call from my OPC yesterday to say a brand new 718 Spyder had come up for sale unexpectedly, would I be interested? I have been trying to get one of these for a while, but you know what it's like trying to get on the "approved list."

So my friendly OPC dealer thought of me - how quaint! Apparently the current owner is stuck at his second home in Portugal due to the Covid pandemic, so asked the OPC to sell it for him on an SOR basis. The car is brand new, registered 1st January 2021 with zero miles and I could have it next week if I moved quickly, as it is not even advertised anywhere yet. I managed to negotiate a very fair price and BINGO! it's mine.

Colour and spec were to my taste so I went for it, car arrives next Wednesday. 

It's in GT Silver with a black roof and black wheels, roll on Wednesday!

Can’t wait to see some photos when you pick her up.  Sounds beautiful!

Wow, right time, right place.

Enjoy, as above, look forward to the photos.

I love a Spyder! Lucky you! Get those pics up asap :bana:

Don't forget to tell us where you are so that you can come out on some runs / to some meets when lockdown is lifted.

1 hour ago, Spyderman 718 said:

Apparently the current owner is stuck at his second home in Portugal due to the Covid pandemic, so asked the OPC to sell it for him on an SOR basis.

There are some people you just can't warm to...

I'm not keen on the black wheels, I have the option to paint them Aurum which I think looks much better.

Thoughts of the collective?

I notice that the new 25 year limited edition 718  will have a similar look, gold wheels and badges, although the Spyder wheel design is more elegant in my opinion.

Congratulations - I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car.  

4 years tomorrow since I collected mine - which also has black wheels.  Not sure if I would have specced them but they do mean there’s only two colours to the car so ties it together somehow.  As with a black body colour I’ve found marks and chips show up and the factory paint seems very soft so I take care when cleaning them - fortunate to have PCCBs which helps.  At some point someone seemed to have spilt something corrosive on one of the wheels  and then covered it up with a rattle can as the paint literally started to wash off!  So cue a repaint which I have to say was way higher quality than the factory finish.

Thanks!

Delivered by trailer and now at the detailers being detailed and having PPF fitted.

Sat in the car but not driven it yet - oh the suspense!

Really pleased with the wheels, only seen Satin Aurum in pictures, but they look awesome in the flesh on the car.

Will collect and drive home next week, more pictures then...and first driving impressions.

First manual car for several years, so it will be interesting.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, Megatron said:

Congratulations - that's a lovely looking car; I like the wheels; very nice!  May I ask the cost of having PPE fitted (interested in getting this done myself potentially)?

Thanks for your kind comments, the gold wheels might be a bit "marmite" for some people, but I dislike the current fashion of black wheels that my car was originally wearing. So I thought if I am having them painted, let's try something a bit different.

The price of PPF varies quite considerably from place to place. I only fit Xpel Ultimate to my cars, as this in my opinion is the best film currently on the market.

Cost will depend on who fits it and how much of the car you want covered, there are 3 coverage options:-

1. The whole car, this will cost from £3,500 to £4,500.

2. Full front protection plus sills, includes nose, wings, bonnet, mirrors, headlights and side sills, this will cost from £1,500 to £2,000.

3. Nose only, this will cost from £500  to £800.

The most popular option, and the one I always go for is option 2.

1 hour ago, Spyderman 718 said:

Thanks for your kind comments, the gold wheels might be a bit "marmite" for some people, but I dislike the current fashion of black wheels that my car was originally wearing. So I thought if I am having them painted, let's try something a bit different.

The price of PPF varies quite considerably from place to place. I only fit Xpel Ultimate to my cars, as this in my opinion is the best film currently on the market.

Cost will depend on who fits it and how much of the car you want covered, there are 3 coverage options:-

1. The whole car, this will cost from £3,500 to £4,500.

2. Full front protection plus sills, includes nose, wings, bonnet, mirrors, headlights and side sills, this will cost from £1,500 to £2,000.

3. Nose only, this will cost from £500  to £800.

The most popular option, and the one I always go for is option 2.

That sounds like a good option on a new car. Your new machine looks fantastic, well worth whatever you can do to maintain it.

Archived