That's saved me some money......

Ninesomething

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLD-Porsche-Boxster-S-987-Gen-2-Manual-Triple-Black-PSE-PASM-Chrono-Convertible/274664169420?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I was watching this for months. Even sent the guy a couple of messages. Has to be one of the best gen 2s I've seen. It was just too much money. I'll probably look back on this and kick myself.

36 minutes ago, JonSta said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLD-Porsche-Boxster-S-987-Gen-2-Manual-Triple-Black-PSE-PASM-Chrono-Convertible/274664169420?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I was watching this for months. Even sent the guy a couple of messages. Has to be one of the best gen 2s I've seen. It was just too much money. I'll probably look back on this and kick myself.

Nice spec. How does sports chrono work on a manual?  I thought it just sharpened up the PDK.

Looks a nice car but price wise isn’t that getting into 981 territory ?

These days I'm not sure it is. Prices seem to have moved up a bit. @Mattman42 wasn't yours comparable to this? I know you sold it private, but does this price look a bit ambitious to you, compared to yours? I assume 4k mark-up...

32 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

These days I'm not sure it is. Prices seem to have moved up a bit. @Mattman42 wasn't yours comparable to this? I know you sold it private, but does this price look a bit ambitious to you, compared to yours? I assume 4k mark-up...

Yes, seems a bit on the strong side  for me, especially as a manual rather than PDK - but spec is better than mine with PASM and PSE (but no extended leather) and obviously a lot less miles than mine had.

Although as i've suggested before, when you get into the 20k price range, i think people tend to be happier buying from a dealer than private as there is some element of comeback and security, so will probably pay a little more

Lol, I was watching it for ages and contemplating swapping my 987.1 for it because of its spec. Also held back because it was pricey and not different enough to mine to justify the amount. Decided to spend out on a few upgrades for mine instead, exhaust, clutch and flywheel arrive this week. Head unit and alcantara to follow. 

On 2/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Clivescoobydo said:

Nice spec. How does sports chrono work on a manual?  I thought it just sharpened up the PDK.

Having had Sport Chrono in a manual, I would concur with this:-

First, it changes the engine management system. The throttle pedal response becomes more sensitive, and the engine is essentially ‘remapped’ to make it feel more responsive and livelier, although overall power remains unchanged.

Second, if your car has PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management), this is also set to Sport mode, with firmer damping to give even better handling, although you can also set this by pressing the PASM button.

33 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Damn, that was a bargain. 

Sad thing is I suspect that before very long we'll think that. Before I bought mine a year ago I was watching a late gen 1 S with all the bits looked a really nice car sat around at I think £10,995 for ages and I thought they'll never sell that. These days they would sell every one they could find as fast as they could list them.

In fact I just talked myself out of this one. Not because I don't think it's a bargain but if I'm going to upgrade I want lower miles and heated seats. And leather. And PSE.

https://www.mortimersprestige.co.uk/used-porsche/billingshurst-west-sussex-porsche-boxster-32-s-1543/

11 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Yes I like that  - Lord Vader you could get your suit and Tie Fighter sprayed that colour.

The wheels on that car aren't Porsche originals.

@iborguk  I resemble that remark. 

Both boxsters purchased through mortimers.  I consider it right money for the right thing. Not cheap but they sell decent cars (in my opinion) 

Not had any reason to regret my purchases so I would always “have a look” at anything on their books that took my interest.  

14 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Who joined recently with the Werther Originals 987?

Archived