Bubbles under paint

Christopher2110

36 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

No PPF unfortunately! Thanks for the info 

Thanks @Andy Mac I wonder if that was moisture in the airline when the original paint was applied at the factory 😔

@bally4563 I was very tempted to pop them straight away, but I was unsure whether that would just open up a can of worms and let more air/ moisture in

To be fair , pop them get some polish/wax over, will be fine until you get around to getting it properly sorted

3 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

No PPF unfortunately! Thanks for the info 

Thanks @Andy Mac I wonder if that was moisture in the airline when the original paint was applied at the factory 😔

@bally4563 I was very tempted to pop them straight away, but I was unsure whether that would just open up a can of worms and let more air/ moisture in

Highly unlikely that it occurred at the factory. Its almost certainly been repainted...but it's an old car so nothing to unusual in that.

1 hour ago, jonogt6 said:

Highly unlikely that it occurred at the factory. Its almost certainly been repainted...but it's an old car so nothing to unusual in that.

Nothing unusual... unless you are a Porsche owner where apparently every single 20 year old car is still wearing its "original paint" ;)

4 hours ago, bally4563 said:

What you can do in the short term , is to pop them with a sharp pin, I had same with an Alfa once, helped disguise the fact until I got it sorted.

You're a brave man doing that with an Alfa... the paint may have been all that was holding it together ;)

30 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

You're a brave man doing that with an Alfa... the paint may have been all that was holding it together ;)

GTV V6 Spider , PU bonnet, paint had reacted

I have had this on two cars, both had been parked up a while before it happened, neither had been covered. The moisture in the airline is a the most popular theory I would love to know why it often takes years to show up though.

25 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I have had this on two cars, both had been parked up a while before it happened, neither had been covered. The moisture in the airline is a the most popular theory I would love to know why it often takes years to show up though.

Sounds exactly the same as mine then.
How did you resolve yours? Did you have a go at popping them?

On 2/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, Christopher2110 said:

Sounds exactly the same as mine then.
How did you resolve yours? Did you have a go at popping them?

No, the first car was a 924 that I had owned for a few years before the bubbles appeared, the second was a 320 Touring that I had only bought a few weeks before. Both were resprayed. I cannot see how popping them would be any form of long term solution.

Archived