Ideas please

Cocky

1 hour ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Damn-I thought the filter was integrated from around 2000 my...I'm sure I read that somewhere ;-(....or was that only on the 3.2?

Separate fuel filter up to and including 2001 model year cars.  996 110 253 01 although I'm pretty sure it is a common fuel filter used on a lot of German cars.  Sits in the long fuel pipes and coolant pipes running under the middle of the car.

12 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Thanks 1/2cwt....Mine registered 1/1/2002 (but hopefully a 2002 model year) 

That would be correct, but you can check, 10th digit of your VIN should be a 2 if an '02 car (11th digit will be an S or U to help you find it quickly).

S =Stuttgart build, only about 10% of Boxsters, U = Finland build.

Thanks 1/2cwt again 10th digit is a 2 (11th digit is a u meaning Finland)...so built in fuel filter :-))

But its not a facelift car as it doesn't have a glove-box though somebody has de-ambered all the lights!

Edited by charlieboy2608

15 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Thanks 1/2cwt again 10th digit is a 2 (11th digit is a u meaning Finland)...so built in fuel filter :-))

But its not a facelift car as it doesn't have a glove-box though somebody has de-ambered all the lights!

Yep, 03 is facelift.

No real updates, I have a image of the printout of codes my car has chucked but these don't display as P00000 codes but all start with 1's and unfortunately the reader won't display exactly what the codes are. 

Some of the codes tally up to P- codes and at least 6 of the codes are fuel injector issues. 

Unfortunately as I've just dropped the car on them at the last minute he hasn't had chance to do anything else with it yet. He's going to check another day if fuel is getting to them. But we are working on the idea it's something like that. 

• Like 1

Struggling with these codes still, it's throwing some weird ones. 

Fuel - Okay 

Fuel Pump - Okay 

Shift these codes and as soon as it cranks it throws them again. Thinking something along the lines of crank sensor maybe but want to get to the bottom of these codes first. 

4 hours ago, Cocky said:

Fuel - Okay 

Fuel Pump - Okay 

Shift these codes and as soon as it cranks it throws them again. Thinking something along the lines of crank sensor maybe but want to get to the bottom of these codes first. 

Have they checked the CPS wiring yet, may have rubbed and shorted out somewhere which would explain the burning smell?

5 hours ago, Cocky said:

Fuel - Okay 

Fuel Pump - Okay 

CPS will not throw any codes at all AFAIK

Such a quick and easy job to change just try another 

6 hours ago, Cocky said:

Fuel - Okay 

Fuel Pump - Okay 

Which codes?

Cheers, Baggers.

16 hours ago, Mr96er said:

A day with Russ at revolution May take the guesswork out of it? 
He’s fairly local to you, after all 👍

How will that work?? They're both Yorkshiremen with all that implies................

1 hour ago, Terryg said:

How will that work?? They're both Yorkshiremen with all that implies................

It doesn't.

Unless you're in the 'Ton PCM Club'.

Cheers, Baggers.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, Terryg said:

Just take some Krispy Kremes.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:13 AM, ½cwt said:

Yep, 03 is facelift.

But available from late-ish 02 don't forget.

And I believe if a face-lift then both the (fuel) filter is integrated into the tank AND the fuel return pipe has been deleted.

Having never actually done it, wouldn't filling with diesel make it smoke like a good'un?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr96er said:

Not everybody is won over by a sweet little ring piece😆

Or even a 'king whole tray of a dozen!

Full assortment too mind, not the cheapuns.

Went down well at Centre Gravity though, like. Top boys them.

Cheers, Baggers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EXY said:

But available from late-ish 02 don't forget.

10th digit of chassis number gives the model year (not build year).

V - 1997, W - 1998, X - 1999, Y - 2000, 1 - 2001, 2 - 2002, 3 - 2003, 4 - 2004  Deliveries of the model year start in late Q3/ early Q4 of the preceding year.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:13 AM, ½cwt said:

Yep, 03 is facelift.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

10th digit of chassis number gives the model year (not build year).

V - 1997, W - 1998, X - 1999, Y - 2000, 1 - 2001, 2 - 2002, 3 - 2003, 4 - 2004  Deliveries of the model year start in late Q3/ early Q4 of the preceding year.

So I'm saying that '03' does not necessarily guarantee that it will be a face-lift, which of course it doesn't. 

Perhaps a '3' might had been more accurate?

10 minutes ago, EXY said:

So I'm saying that '03' does not necessarily guarantee that it will be a face-lift, which of course it doesn't. 

Perhaps a '3' might had been more accurate?

The face lift was from the start of the 2003 model year manufacture.  First deliveries would have been around September/October 2002 so UK 52 plate definitely and 03 plate possibly but pretty rare as over 6 months from start of manufacture, can be pre or post facelift cars but the 10th digit in the VIN will tell you for sure even if you don't look at the front and rear styling and roof (new profile and glass window) changes.