Anyone fitted side decals ?

Medic-one

19 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Yeah, I think the roof-mounted tank is pushing it a bit TBH.

Tank is at the top of "Billy Goat Pass" a rather enjoyable part of the route to/from Le Mans.

We almost always stop and take a picture

35733331036_9e2edd592b_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Sammysmiths said:

Can I ask how easy is it to remove the existing Boxster badge on the boot? Mine is a white 2005 and I’m nervous that if I remove the lettering will I still be able to see a paint mismatch from weathering?

Some have, some haven't.  If you have, put the badge back on! Comes off on a hot day with dental floss; caramel wheel is to remove adhesive residue, but we never heard of one before Mr Sweet Tooth came along, so probably elbow grease is fine (or WD40?)

Plenty take them off, usually as the B gets snapped, and leave naked / replace / put PORSCHE are all options. You could even get a 968 and 718 badge and mix to make 987, IF they are the same heights.

23 hours ago, wolverinemac said:

No, only saw this the other day.  He added a Porsche Detail to the spoiler too

May be an image of car and outdoors

Also quite liked that! So have given it a go as well :

20210521-110853.jpg 

20210521-112747.jpg

Initially thought I probably should have put it a bit lower, but it's actually still visible if you're driving behind it, as I found out by sitting in the wife's car that's parked behind mine in the garage 😄

20210521-113044.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...

I still like the look of those red decals on that 911 on the first page, so I've bought some and put them on to see what it's like. I quite like the look, but if I change my mind they come off easily and they were only 60 quid so no harm done.

20210531-170204.jpg     

20210601-152524.jpg%C2%A0   

20210601-152539.jpg

20210601-152616.jpg

Edited by Medic-one

Personally not a fan of after market stickers but occasionally I see something that i like  

this is one of those times.  I like those side decals on your car. Works well on the white car 

nice one  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive been looking at the side decals in dark blue, as my roof is blue. I think black would look wrong, although i have painted the side vents black!

Can i ask Medic-One, did you buy from designstuffonline? And did you get the single colour Typeface (extra) decals? Do they finish as a curved sticker at the back of the door, or do you just cut them to suit? The sticers shown go all the way to the rear wheel arch. 

Porsche Boxster Decals, Porsche 987 Graphics, Stripes, Stickers and much more with Design Stuff Online

I did get mine from Designstuffonline.  Asked a few questions via facebook messenger first which were quickly replied to, and after ordering the decals arrived after a few days. 

I went for these ones, which are not the Boxster ones, but the "Porsche Cayman (987) 'Cayman R' style Side Stripe Decals"  which are £ 60,

https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/vehicle_graphics/model_make_specific/porsche/porsche_987_cayman_decals.html