Anyone fitted side decals ?

Medic-one

Hoping to pick up a white 2011 S in two weeks time, but whilst driving home today I saw a white Cayman with red side decals, and thought that looks rather nice. 

Just wondering if there's any folks here that have gone for decals, and if so where did you get them from ? 

Also can't seem to make my mind up yet which I like best, so hopefully some photo's will help. 

The car I'm hoping to collect

20210424-133858.jpg

And then I'd want red decals, something like these  

Porsche-987-Cayman-2-7-YLV-12.jpg

cab51baa27b4c95a96647b4a58a20bfd.jpg

b3597676dc9940e389667cb2e09f0a5f.jpg

86-3.jpg

I think maybe the stripe all the way till the end, like in the last (silver) one is too much, I think I prefer the one above it, buy maybe without the small bit on the bumper... 

Also contemplating a red badge (either 'Boxster S' or 'PORSCHE') on the boot, instead of the white badge on a white car. 

Would love to see some idea's if people have changed boot badges and/or added decals.

I love the Boxster S logo at the bottom of the doors. The purists don't. 

I also changed the Boxster S sign on the boot lid to PORSCHE 

and changed the head unit to a modern Pioneer. 

All round bad boy 🙂

Do what speaks to you, it's YOUR car! 

DSC_3948-01

9 hours ago, Pinewood said:

The site i got it from is no longer trading. Make sure you get one with a stencil included. It makes alignment and spacing so much easier

I’ve got one coming via AliExpress. I bought a Boxster badge from them and the quality looks pretty good, albeit i hadn’t realised it was the smaller font type from the 981 - my bad as I hadn’t realised they were smaller when ordering.  PM me if you are interested 

Edited by Beancounter

All personal choice.  

I think the cayman shape lends itself to side stripes more than the boxster.  And the later models (981, 718) have more sculpted door in to intake grills which again ( I think ) suit the “tapered rear of the stripe (like the 2nd to last one )

for me they never seem to look like they “belong” on a  boxster

But plenty of folks have them and ultimately Your car, your call. 

Side stripes came in on the 2010 Boxster Spyder. Then many here did them.  Some eventually got bored and removed them, for others they stayed. 
Like the PORSCHE lettering at the back, or debadging completely. 
It’s all personal taste. 

7 hours ago, Finbox said:

I also like the Porsche lettering, actually so much that I just put in an order for them! I think that despite the curvature the right spot is above the spoiler, would look too cramped below.

May I ask where you ordered them from ? Are they the smaller 981 letters mentioned above or are these a bigger size ?

9 hours ago, Medic-one said:

May I ask where you ordered them from ? Are they the smaller 981 letters mentioned above or are these a bigger size ?

I got mine from ebay and they are indeed the 991/981 ones which are supposedly smaller. I'll see how they work.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, Toeside said:

These guy's . Great customer service https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/vehicle_graphics/model_make_specific/porsche/porsche_911_early_decals.html

I got matching Boxster S logo's on the Black Pearl but they do all manner of side decals

+1 for these guys I got mine for the last car and when I made a mess of one side he replaced it free of charge

IMG_0636.jpg?raw=1

5 hours ago, Medic-one said:

The letters on your boot, you don't happen to know what size they are do you ? 

too dark to look now. will take a look in the morning

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, Pinewood said:

The site i got it from is no longer trading. Make sure you get one with a stencil included. It makes alignment and spacing so much easier

Ordered these online and arrived today.  Not sure what a stencil is, are those the little cutout bits ?

20210510-143546.jpg

Have you got any more close up pictures of it on your boot, just so i know where/how to align it ?

Also, in that picture above, is it just the angle, or is there a curve in yours, in line with the boot ? Like some letters sit slightly higher then the others ?

52 minutes ago, Medic-one said:

Ordered these online and arrived today.  Not sure what a stencil is, are those the little cutout bits ?

Think he means a template, which aids with spacing, shown here when i was playing around with layoutsOp5bUOq.jpg

54 minutes ago, Medic-one said:

Also, in that picture above, is it just the angle, or is there a curve in yours, in line with the boot ? Like some letters sit slightly higher then the others ?

I ended up curving mine in line with the edge of the lid, using a credit card for the gap

tqJmKyW.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Medic-one said:

20210510-143546.jpg

Have you got any more close up pictures of it on your boot, just so i know where/how to align it ?

Like these. Have you got link to whete you got them? And what size is the lettering. Also do they come in different colours.

Cheers